Best Album Survivor: Round Ten

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OpenG180 said:
I could never see the attraction in Trip Through and Mothers. Mothers - to my ears- is too much similar to Seeland from Neu! 75. Only Seeland is much better. I'm not in love either with Still Haven't Found.

Jeez, that's an odd comparison, but I'll go back and check. I could actually see Mothers fitting on Neu 75 pretty well (definitely not 72 though).

The bouncers line is classic. I'm sure Bono started U2 because of all the bouncers that shut him out of cool parties.

LemonMelon said:
Jeez, that's an odd comparison, but I'll go back and check. I could actually see Mothers fitting on Neu 75 pretty well (definitely not 72 though).

Well, i dunno if it's an odd comparison or not. What i do know is that since the first time i heard Mothers i immediately thought of Seeland on Neu! 75 and everytime i listen to Mothers i hear Seeland playing in my head. Like i hear And i Love Her when i listen to Wake Up Dead Man. Now that is a very ODD comparison LOL

OpenG180 said:
Well, i dunno if it's an odd comparison or not. What i do know is that since the first time i heard Mothers i immediately thought of Seeland on Neu! 75 and everytime i listen to Mothers i hear Seeland playing in my head. Like i hear And i Love Her when i listen to Wake Up Dead Man. Now that is a very ODD comparison LOL

When someone says a Keane song sounds like U2 that's one thing, I just don't often think U2 > Neu!

Wow, OK, yeah I hear that. Clear inspiration there, though obviously the chord progression is very different.

Neu was a great band, Hallogallo and Isi are two of my favorite songs.

Predictable polling. Thought there might have been a few Achtung hardcores who might have voted Joshua Tree in this round to see if they could give Achtung a more favourable opponent (Zooropa) in the Final.

Achtung should win though.

Booo to Zooropa getting the boot, but I expected it.
My, such harsh language.....

Zooropa

It's more like a :sad: teary-eyed hug at the door, finally releasing my hand away from Zoropa as it descends my home's front steps.

For methe song Zooropa never left my pantheonn of beloved songs- so having it played live was a U2 Concert dream come true in '11!!!

Zooropa (the song) shares a sense of aural openess/expansivness that i translate into the psychological- when the "...and I have no compass, and I have no map..." etc intensely swoops in.
With IGC. ...partially in the use of the desert imaegdry and those shimmering chords/notes Edge plays in it.

the zooropa imagedry of this un-named city "lets skip the subway, let's go to the overground" is vague enough that it could be several Mega Metropolises while in IGC it's somewhat more specific and this is what totally bonds me to this song from the very first time i heard it
from my post in JTBATC

The 2 repeats of cascading guitar notes in IGC ... after you just hear Adam's bass and maybe a bit of drums... Bono calls out "Edge" and then that happens. woaah!

Since they are partly singing about the American SW Desert, and I''ve been in the high desert of Arizona twice...
There's a sacred mountin called Agatha a few miles before Monument Valley that suddenly appears over the horizon (look it up, i'm sure you'll be impressed).

I had to ask my friend who was driving to please stop so I could take a few photos....... well, that's one of the images that almost sprang up of it's own volition upon hearin those notes the first and subsequence times, plus riding through those highways with cystaline air and amazing rock formations and colors all there before us!

A fantastic viseral experience of expansiveness out there in the world that
IG evokes right now trumps the interior visions (also of expansiveness) that Zooropa brings me.

And as much as I love Stay & Dirty Day....

... JT also has "Bullet the Blue Sky" which for some reason over the years I never associate it with the JT recording anymore-- somehow it's shifted "onto" AB, when i think of which record it's on! :lol:

That backwards guitar solo, Adam's bass, and the "bouncers" line are enough to make Some Days a keeper. But I love all of it.

Is the solo backward? I always just thought it was through heavy fuzz.

Cue "heavy fuzz" pun in 3...2.......

Back
Top Bottom