Best Album Survivor: Round Seven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You misunderstand me. It's not that I don't believe what U2 say about their music, years later. In fact, as I said, I think it's probably a more accurate reflection of what they really think. So I do believe what what Bono said about TUF...I believe he truly thinks it was a mess, lyrically and musically. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Just as you are free to disagree with the comments about Pop over the years.

As far as the "Bono lies" thing...yeah, I get it. But I think he's much more likely to, um, "over-promote" a record while he's trying to sell it, as opposed to years later when he has nothing to gain. As Stephen Spielberg said (about promoting movies), "There's a time to be a human being and there's a time to sell cars".

I think anyone whose followed this band throughout the years (including you, I, and most people around here), and sorted through their various comments has a pretty good idea of where they stand on each record.

Time always sets the record straight. For all their albums.

So sad to see Boy go, it's a lot better than Pop, and I do like Pop.
Not that it will make any difference but my vote is for Pop.

Time always sets the record straight. For all their albums.

That's right. This is why I see more and more people warming up to Zooropa and Pop as time goes by and people being less and less enthusiastic when it comes to their output in the 2000s.

I voted Pop. As much as I love Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, Mofo, Last Night on Earth, Gone, Please and Wake Up Dead Man (and I think Playboy Mansion and Miami in particular are underrated, Angels and Staring at the Sun are the album's two worst tracks), it just can't match the thrilling energy of Boy for me.

I'll always remember the first time I ever listened to Boy the first words out of my mouth were "what a fucking awesome album". Or maybe I said brilliant instead of awesome. Or great. No matter.

Back
Top Bottom