Best Album Survivor: Round Nine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hilarious that an afterthought throw away is going to beat The Unforgettable Fire on here. I guess if U2 played I Threw a Brick Through a Window at 360 it would be October instead of Zooropa making it to the finals now. Or perhaps the crisp new sound of the incredible, Edge-supervised Zooropa remaster pushed it over the top! :lol:

Oh well, sad but predictable. There must be 50 people in the world who think Zooropa is a better record than TUF, and they're all on Interference!

Can't agree with this at all! When Zooropa was first played on the 360 tour it trended on Twitter worldwide. I don't use Twitter, but I think a lot of people talking would probably be needed to make that happen. :shrug:

As far as Interference goes, the song Zooropa made it to the final 2 in the previous Survivor poll we held here if I remember correctly, before anyone ever dreamed we'd see it live. (Yeah Streets and One weren't in it but that hardly matters in a pool of songs as deep as U2's.) Maybe it even won, but I can't remember if it was OTH or Zooropa. So no, it isn't surprising that it's popular here.

I love Zooropa and all
my favourite 90s U2 album
but Unforgettable Fire is far more dear to me
also has some far better songs on it to be honest
even though Lemon is about on the same level as the great UF tracks

I've always thought a rematch would be cool, but post-360 I don't think it would be close/fair anymore. Clearly that tour gave the album a boost.

Rest in peace, Pop, you were good...

TUF for me. There's no way I'm voting against my top three albums. Zooropa and Achtung Baby are my babies, and JT is the album that got me into U2... it also has my two favorite U2 songs on it.

So close to a tie for third. Come on, one more person vote Zooropa!

Scarlet was played on 360, and October was still the first album off.

Scarlet was played on 360, and October was still the first album off.

Wasn't exactly a track to rejuvenate interest in a much-maligned album though. :wink:

You can really track what stuff U2 have resurrected on their tours by subsequent Survivors, with The Electric Co. after Vertigo being a classic case. It was really that tour that turned it into a popular track on EYKIW ... not that it got disrespect beforehand, but its excellent performances did its legacy here a lot of favours.

Back
Top Bottom