Best Album Survivor: Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nick66 said:
....and another insult, seconds after you promised Dig to stop hijacking his thread.

Let's see if you can. I doubt it.

And i don't "promise" things to ppl i dunno, mate. I promise things to ppl i love and care. I don't promise things to strangers on the internet.

This has turned into ATYCLB vs RAH, huh? I'm not opposed to RAH being booted off early - it's an awkward release, and they should've put out two separate albums, one studio and one live. They had more than enough material at the time! Would've been far better than such a hodgepodge.

But I'm going for ATYCLB still. Totally mediocre album with no songs I'd dream of putting in my U2 top thirty, and far too much crap. RAH, for all its flaws, has Heartland and God Part II amongst other quality songs, and any album containing Heartland can't be too bad.

... well, I guess it could if the remainder were Red Light Parts 1-10, but let's not contemplate such a nightmare.

Depends on the round. If it's a round where the difference between the two placement doesn't matter, then it'll just be declared a tie and we'll skip a round. If that is not the case (for instance, if it's between third and fourth on the song contest when third gets to go to the next round and fourth doesn't, or if it's between third and fourth on the album contest where third gets four songs out and fourth gets three), then I'll probably do a tie-breaker round. Or a duel at high noon.

This is what I used to do and it seemed to work well. When it didn't matter, I used to kind of hope for ties because it helped to get through the rounds quicker.

The studio cuts on R&H are some of U2's best, IMO. The problem with that record was combining the studio and live tracks in a haphazard fashion.

For a (hopeful) eventual reissue, I'd really like to see the studio and live cuts put on separate discs...including, at least, ALL the live tracks from the film and other R&H era b-sides to go with the studio tracks.

Push comes to shove, I'll go for R&H over ATYCLB...though there are several other records that should go before either of these do.

Thank God i don't live in a world where Peace on earth, Grace, Elevation, Stuck etc are superior to Heartland, All i want is you, God Part II, Angel of Harlem, Desire etc. I'd be a very confused fellow if i did.

gvox said:
Hey OpenG I get your point but why are you comparing the worst of Atyclb with those songs? Compare the best, if anything, that's more reasonable..

For me, there's no "best" in ATYCLB. Walk on? Beautiful Day? I prefer New York and Grace over those. At least they try something more creative. In a little while and WILATW? They could be nice songs but Bono's voice on those are a big letdown for me. I don't need any song from ATYCLB. Really.

All That You Can't Leave Behind, but I won't lose sleep if Rattle & Hum goes as it's my next target.

All That You Can't Leave Behind is a somewhat "moody" album for me. It is my third favorite U2 album overall, but that's mainly because of the fantastic songs like Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, and New York, in addition to Elevation and In A Little While. But there are a couple real shitters on there, too.

That's why Achtung Baby is my favorite album. It is complete, from end to end. Every song on that album is great.

I unashamedly love ATYCLB.

Same here, though I think it will be voted off here shortly. NLOTH has to go in the next round.

I voted TUF. Yes, it is an amazing album with a few amazing songs such as Pride, A Sort of Homecoming, Wire and 4th of July based on my personal favorites. It just doesn't seem like a first place album, and if you don't agree with me on that, so be it. Honestly at this point, I can't imagine what would be picked as number one.

:gah:

I can't pick between ATYCLB and RnH..I just do not want to be that vote that ends either of these great albums this early.

So I'm going with the album that I've had very little interest in of late, even if I do think it's a good album. :up:

Not happy to see ATYCLB leaving already (probably) even though I really like the studio half of R&H. :( It should go first, I didn't strategically vote though.

I voted TUF. Yes, it is an amazing album with a few amazing songs such as Pride, A Sort of Homecoming, Wire and 4th of July based on my personal favorites. It just doesn't seem like a first place album, and if you don't agree with me on that, so be it. Honestly at this point, I can't imagine what would be picked as number one.
What about Bad? I always wonder why many people think the studio version is not that special. It's incredibly beautiful in my opinion.

Well for this round yes, but not for the third one. :wink:

You voted in that one!

All That You Can't Leave Behind
Axver, djerdap, Galeongirl, lazarus, LemonMelon, martha, the tourist, Tyagu_Anaykus
8 20.00%

R&H > ATYCLB, but neither of these records should be on the chopping block right now...both of them, particularly R&H, are superior to, at least, Pop, Zooropa and Boy.

Personally, I'd pick either R&H or ATYCLB over War as well, but that one is a little closer call.

Don't really get the R&H hate around here.

My bottom four U2 records are either gone or on the chopping block :up::up:

The Hive has not forsaken me.

atyclbwildhoney.gif

(TM)

Back
Top Bottom