Beneath the moon and under the sun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Is Night And Day the coolest fucking video they ever made or what? See for yourself if you haven't already...

http://s48.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=32VPMH9B4EJGS1PMC1KRONMSDD

(remove the spaces)

I know Even Better Than The Real Thing, Numb, Stay, Fly and the like give it some great competition. But this video is just :combust: It has that night-time, almost evil look that suits them oh, so well!

- The super addictive dance beat
- The unreal guitar effects
- Bono sitting on a staircase with a beautiful night sky as backdrop
- Edge's red bandana
- Adam bobbing his head to the beat
- Larry working those drums with his palms

U2, bring back the night!!! Nightlife suits you better than beautiful days!

:drool:

I always think of the chalkboard when I think of that video...

Zootlesque is on a Zoo binge tonight :wink:

Btw, I posted a playlist in the other thread...

Oh yes... it is indeed one of the most intense, excellently made U2 videos.

I only just got to see it for the first time earlier this year... and was totally blown away. Bono puts every ounce of intensity (there's that word again) into that thing.. its amazing.
Especially the scenes near the end of the video. :combust:

A seriously underrrated, and under-aired U2 song (well, remake), and video.

FungusAmongus said:
zootlesque, you sound like me, heh. :wink:
my fellow zoo freaks! :wink: :wink: :wink:

You know what they say...

Birds of a zoo flock in more than two's.

Damn, that sucked! :wink:

That video was my very first taste of the new U2. I saw it on Night Flight! It rocked me back but good. I was scrambling, thinking "What the hell are they doing? It's so dark!" What a great moment. I'll never forget it.

And then came "The Fly":ohmy:

Awesome video. And one of the few visuals we have of the band when they were in that transition period. Not to mention, Bono looks damn hot. :drool:

Azor said:
Thank's Zootlesque, cool video :)

No problem. As much as I know this won't happen, this is the direction I would like U2 to go in next, into an overtly dance mode a la Depeche Mode's It's No Good! :hyper:

Wow, I'm surprised so many people like the video. The song kicks so much ass, but IMO, the video was rather... awkward and bizarre. LOL. I've always thought Bono spent way too much time flailing around in front of the black backdrop (with Adam just standing there) - that's the only reason I dislike the video, though. *shrug* They've had much, much worse. (*cough*ACelebration*cough*). ;)

I hope I won't get pummeled for saying that! :ohmy:

It did occur to me that the only reason they like it is because Bono spends have the clip showing off his bare gut, but hey, what do I know?

I like the clip, though. Song's pretty interesting.

The Sad Punk said:
It did occur to me that the only reason they like it is because Bono spends have the clip showing off his bare gut, but hey, what do I know?

I like the clip, though. Song's pretty interesting.

LOL!!@ the bare Bono gut thing. :wink:
Nope, honestly that is not why 'I' like it. I just found the video just very odd, and intense.... and I liked that. Just very "different"... as far as U2 videos went. And it was a very odd and interesting transition period.... which I think was pretty damn cool.

As for the band members kind of standing around and in the background.... that kind of added a strange... lurking and yurning, still-mode vibe, kind of an atmosphere to the whole thing as well.. as their translation of the song kind of gave it. I can't explain it, but it fit.

forty said:
Wow, I'm surprised so many people like the video. The song kicks so much ass, but IMO, the video was rather... awkward and bizarre. LOL. I've always thought Bono spent way too much time flailing around in front of the black backdrop (with Adam just standing there) - that's the only reason I dislike the video, though. *shrug* They've had much, much worse. (*cough*ACelebration*cough*). ;)

I hope I won't get pummeled for saying that! :ohmy:

Hey!! "A Celebration" video rocks!! lol. :wink:

Not my favorite.. but i think its adorable.. and what can ya do? it was the very early 80's. they have an excuse. :wink:

Now, if anyone bashes the "Lemon" video.. I'm killin' ya. :mad:

WOWOWOW I finally watched it...NOW I know where that song came from (it's on the U2 Box Set)

LOVE the video (and added to the Itunes) but I have a few questions...
1. Why is Bono wearing dance leggings, a giant belt, and a sportscoat?
2. What's up with the razorblade?
3. Why doesn't Adam use a cool hollow bass like that more often?

Inquiring minds want to know....

FungusAmongus said:

I just found the video just very odd, and intense.... and I liked that. Just very "different"... as far as U2 videos went. And it was a very odd and interesting transition period.... which I think was pretty damn cool.

As for the band members kind of standing around and in the background.... that kind of added a strange... lurking and yurning, still-mode vibe, kind of an atmosphere to the whole thing as well.. as their translation of the song kind of gave it. I can't explain it, but it fit.

:yes: Completely agree! It's very different for a U2 video and that's what makes it so interesting.

it's a very dark and sexy video :drool: transition is fuuuun

Is there video of when U2 did Night and Day for MusiCares in 2003? That version is amazing, I'd usually rather U2 not do covers in their set but I would love to see that on Vertigo tour :drool:

The Sad Punk said:
I've never seen the A Celebration clip... what's it like? :eyebrow:

It's, um... interesting, I suppose. LOL. Basically, it's the band members running around Dublin's Kilmainham Jail, wearing awful fashions and bursting out of bright vortexes of light. :wink:

I could've sworn I had a copy on my hard drive, but I can't find it. I would definitelty upload it otherwise. Sorry! :(

marietta said:

LOVE the video (and added to the Itunes) but I have a few questions...
1. Why is Bono wearing dance leggings, a giant belt, and a sportscoat?

Inquiring minds want to know....

if you ever saw photos from the mysterious ways video shoot i believe he is wearing the same pants/leggins along with really thick motorcycle boots for some strange reason.

now someon explain that!

david said:

if you ever saw photos from the mysterious ways video shoot i believe he is wearing the same pants/leggins along with really thick motorcycle boots for some strange reason.

now someon explain that!

well, because.. he's.. Bono! LOL. :wink: and thats what Bonos do. :wink: :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom