Belfast Child.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
i havent listend to this song for such a LONG time, and wow :drool:

surley one of U2's hidden gems?

I'm listening to it now and it is the Simple Minds version. Seriously. Thats not U2.

You are correct in it being a damn good song though. Its one of my favourite Simple Minds songs.

woops lol.... the person i got it off will get a right good telling off :)

sounds so much like U2 :drool:

I dont know how you are but back in the 80's Simple Minds were actually bigger than U2. Simple Minds were famous for that huge stadium sound. U2 were similar. lol. Simple Minds kinda died with the public though.

Simple Minds new album will be released next month if anyone cares. :drool:

Heres a link for the first track on Simple minds new album. I'm only on dial up so i had to compress the quality quite a bit, but it should give you an idea of what to expect

Simple Minds - Stay Visible

h t t p://s48.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=3GUHJNGANIQCF1UQTZO4D90YW9

I have a few more tracks from the album. If anybody is interested i can put them up over the next few days

As soon as I saw the title I thought Simple Minds. That's a great song. Isn't the tune meant to be an interpretation of the old folk song "And she went down to the fair" (or something like that, I'm not au fait with your folkie bollocks!) :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:
As soon as I saw the title I thought Simple Minds. That's a great song. Isn't the tune meant to be an interpretation of the old folk song "And she went down to the fair" (or something like that, I'm not au fait with your folkie bollocks!) :wink:

Yes, something like that. Either the words or the music are traditional. I cant recall which. I suppose I could go and grab the album cover and read the credits but Im too busy eating blackberry toast at the moment.

Was based on a traditional folk song called 'she moved through the fair'

Heres the title track from the new album

Simple Minds - black and White

ht tp://s48.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=3Q88PZLW7BZG438BPGHQVPEUOF

Back
Top Bottom