Being your own Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
There's this scene in ZooTV during Streets I believe where Bono looks at the camera and scratches the back of his head and makes the funniest face.

I must admit, I've adopted that way of scratching my head.

I also do the Fly "skip".

Anyone else adopt U2 mannerisms?

------------------
one day...I'll be home for sure

Yes, when I dance to SBS, I find I dance like Bono does to that song...marching and all that...good thing there's no flags around or people would really think I lost it!! lol!

...btw, I remember that scene - he turns around to the screen and would sometimes say "hey you, I remember you"...

I've adopted "dodgy" as a part of my vernacular. Also I sometimes talk with a pseudo-stutter when talking philosophy. Kinda funny.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I like to do the whole Beautiful Day raising one leg in the air thing.....and i started saying "you know" a lot, like bono.

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

umm.. Yeah I do that foot in the air thing all the time in public. My poor girlfriend gets so embarrassed. I also do that little spinning WOO-HOO that he does during Elevation (on the Boston DVD).

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Re: foot in the air. I tend to do the Zooropa/Zoo TV intro version. The kicking/hopping thing.
biggrin.gif

mmm, no - I can't say I usually do stuff like this

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

those are some interesting facts doctorwho

did you already know that the main reason an Aussie Tour would be too expensive for our favourite Irish billionairs is that they fear that Edge needs more sets of strings for his guitar due to the warm weather over there?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 03-25-2002).]

Em.....

*roots around for BonoNess Speech* Ah~

MONA: *puts on camo hat*

This is recockulous. I would never do something just because a celebrity does it.

*puts on rose-colored glasses indoors*

Especially a rock star.

*Tugs at sleeves*

Especially someone like Bono. I mean he's not even....em....American.

*flirts with Edge*

I mean, what kind of society IS this, when everything that you do has to have some kind of justification for its coolness or approriateness by someone who's made a name for themself?

*forgives 3rd World Debt*

Where have we gotten, really?

*inducts heroes into the R&R Hall of Fame*

I mean, even if these rock stars are suitable role models, what does that say about the normal role models that should be there for children?

*cures AIDS*

What about parents? They should be raising their own children, not just throwing them to the wolves.

*wins Grammys, stays married to same person for entire life, and saves peoples' lives*

O well. Shamrock n roll we must...

Actually....My brother and I were watching ZooTV last week and he said that Macphisto reminded him of ME. o_O He said that I make hand gestures and smug little faces like MacPhisto!! *afeared*

And I say "em" just about every other word
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I just found out there's no such thing as the real world ~ Just a lie you've got to rise above" ~John Mayer

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Back
Top Bottom