Beautiful U2 Portrait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like they're trying to put the Popmart set back together. :hmm:

Actually, I'm kind of torn about it, and I'll bet any money that the "halo sunglasses" bit over Bono's head played a role in not getting it pushed further up the ranks for the artist...I can't imagine Bono signing it, with the overt religious connotations.

It looks like they're in the middle of Stonehenge--maybe the artist intended for them to look "larger than life" by swamping its monumental stones. :D

So is Adam the only one without any religious connotations? I don't suppose that was an accident.

i stopped reading at
"This is a story of an artist, an oil painting and one of the world's most popular rock bands."
seriously, like the script for a trailer intended for a deep voiced male...

Great painting, until you realize the characters barely resemble U2 at all. Looks like they hired a bunch of homeless guys to dress up like U2 members and be subjects of the painting.

:madspit: please tell me that was a joke. As an art teacher I don't think it represents them well at all. Their could be better representation of the group and the glasses/halo. I don't think Bono would like.:|

I don't get it, I mean I do, but it's mos def, not hte best painting I've ever seen.

And what the heck is going on with Adam... I mean I concur about it probably not being an accident that he's off without any religious connotations around him...but he's just STANDING THERE.

It's far better than anything I could do, but why are they building a bird? :scratch:

Actually, it makes me think of that ancient greek story about Daedalus and Icarus. Maybe it's meant to be a reference back to Even Better than the Real Thing.

Or maybe they were just building a bird from a model kit, and they were sad that the feathers weren't included, so Bono did something spiritual with his glasses and made feathers rain down from on high.

From another thread that mentions this...

Originally posted by ZooMacPhisto800
I do like the symbolic brazier hanging over Bono's head. It symbolizes his love for women but his commitment to Ali.

From this moment on, I'm going to think of bras every time I see a picture of Bono's fly shades.

GibsonGirl said:
From another thread that mentions this...

From this moment on, I'm going to think of bras every time I see a picture of Bono's fly shades.

:lmao: and that's all I have to say about that.

Hmm... I don't know much about art, but after reading the article I actually got the whole Edge blessing thing, and I got the sunglasses too, even if it felt stupid, but... what exactly is Adam supposed to be doing? What's with his face expression?

Back
Top Bottom