Beautiful Day used for CBS commercial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kariatari

War Child
Yep. That's right. It was commercial break during the X-Files, so I went channel surfing, and naturally I stopped as soon as I heard Beautiful Day. The song is playing and showing clips of CBS sitcoms, news shows, dramas, Dan Rather, David Letterman, etc. and all the while Beautiful Day is thumping in the background. I don't like this. :|

Have any of you seen this lil promo/commercial type thing?

NBC used BD to promote the Olympics
Fox used Elevation to promote its NFL coverage
ESPN used BD during one of its "Plays of the Week" segments
CBS used WTSHNN to promote NFL coverage

There's nothing new about U2 being used to promote American TV. They are not being paid off either as far as I know.

Yeah I saw it about a week ago. I don't find it bad or anything -- I don't really care. Beautiful Day is so popular in ads and such that it really doesn't make any difference anymore.

News flash!

There is a simple explanation to why CBS is playing Beautiful Day for promo spots. CBS IS AIRING THE SLANE CONCERT!!!!!!!! Of course they are going to start hyping it. I'm sure we will see a lot more U2 on CBS as the promotion for the Slane show draws closer.

Re: News flash!

womanfish said:
There is a simple explanation to why CBS is playing Beautiful Day for promo spots. CBS IS AIRING THE SLANE CONCERT!!!!!!!! Of course they are going to start hyping it. I'm sure we will see a lot more U2 on CBS as the promotion for the Slane show draws closer.

Ahh!! Good point, womanfish! :yes:

Re: News flash!

womanfish said:

:yes: They're getting everyone totally pumped!

Way off topic (okay, actually really off topic :) ), but some weeks ago there was an add for perfumes here in European TV and they used Gloria!! :mad:
And it was not sung by Bono. Not by Bono. But by some woman!
I fell of my chair when I saw that commercial.....It was a real pain for the ears......Such a great song being 'polluted'..... :(

Looks like all the networks want a piece of the action...

NBC with the Olympics.
FOX with the Super Bowl.
CBS with the Slane concert.

Maybe ABC should make a last ditch bid to get U2 to play at the World Cup finals.

FallingStar said:
Way off topic (okay, actually really off topic :) ), but some weeks ago there was an add for perfumes here in European TV and they used Gloria!! :mad:
And it was not sung by Bono. Not by Bono. But by some woman!
I fell of my chair when I saw that commercial.....It was a real pain for the ears......Such a great song being 'polluted'..... :(

:mad: I can't stand to hear anyone else since a U2 song. They're just going to screw it up for me, no matter what they do!

Well...Wait...There was Michael Stipe singing One with Automatic Baby and THAT was good...But Larry and Adam were involved and REM is my 2nd favorite band, so...Okay...

Back
Top Bottom