Beautiful Day UNappreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't unappreciate Beautiful Day, it was the song that got me into U2.

Now it doesn't fits on my top 20, only on ATYCLB I prefer New York, Kite and Walk On.

Sounds too much like an "hit single" but it's cool and uplifting :up:

Horrible is Stuck in a moment.

I liked this song at first but like most songs you like first listen it loses its appeal very quickly. I didn't enjoy it in concert at all much like elevation. I was quite surprised they played it at Live 8 but then again you have to appeal to the people who don't own any records pre ATYCLB.

Yahweh said:
Why doesnt somebody make a Where The Streets Have No Name, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, or New Years Day unappriciation thread....

I guess it's because they are all much better songs than Beautiful Day?

financeguy said:
Does anyone agree with me that this song is hugely over-rated?

Musically uninteresting, lyrically trite, and by Bono's own admission it owes a debt to AHA's The Sun Always Shines on TV (which I happen to think is a far better song).

I fail to understand the near universal adulation for this song!

Totally agree :yes:

Yahweh said:

U2 may live by the motto "fuck the past kiss the future", but the fans live by the motto "fuck the future, kiss the past"

U2 have been fucking the future (Zooropa, Pop ) and kissing their past (Joshua Tree) since 2000 :sad: :( :down:

ponkine said:

U2 have been fucking the future (Zooropa, Pop ) and kissing their past (Joshua Tree) since 2000 :sad: :( :down:
so your saying if they carried on doing the kinda thing thats on zooropa and pop then everything would be ok? isnt that just the same as not changing direction?

very short sighted statement if you ask me

ponkine said:

:blahblah: :shame: :lmao:

So Zooropoa and Pop are their future, albums almost TEN years old. :lmao:

financeguy said:
Does anyone agree with me that this song is hugely over-rated?

Musically uninteresting, lyrically trite, and by Bono's own admission it owes a debt to AHA's The Sun Always Shines on TV (which I happen to think is a far better song).

I fail to understand the near universal adulation for this song!

I strongly disagree :madspit: That song is awesome and it makes me feel good whenever I hear it:eyebrow:

Lancemc said:
I strongly think somebody SHOULD make a Pride Unappreciation thread.

That would be pointless:madspit: That song has so much power in the lyrics ....

financeguy said:
and by Bono's own admission it owes a debt to AHA's The Sun Always Shines on TV (which I happen to think is a far better song).

the only part that's close is the "touch me"; just those 2 words...but so what? the rest of the aha tune sucks ass.

Seeking Adam said:

:blahblah: :shame: :lmao:

So Zooropoa and Pop are their future, albums almost TEN years old. :lmao:
you didn´t understand me. At that point, those albums were the future of U2´s music, but after Pop they decided to "return back"....

I hope you´ll understand now

KUEFC09U2 said:
so your saying if they carried on doing the kinda thing thats on zooropa and pop then everything would be ok? isnt that just the same as not changing direction?

No mate, I´m not saying that. Changing is the future... but changes that go into a NEW direction.

"Returning back"... or keeping on something already done before (in this case, trying to copy the mid 80´s glory with some 2000 make up) is not future, rather is kissing the past.... do you understand me now ?

2Hearts said:

See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood, all the colors came out
It was a beautiful day

:huh: Didn't Bono steal these lines from Back 2 Good?

That part of the song is from the bible :)

I like Beautiful Day, think it's an excellent song, i suppose I might be biased though, because I like almost everything U2 make!

As for a Pride unappreciation thread that would be impossible because without that song the chances are, their wouldnt be an interferenece! Pride was their first big hit and it made them what they are.

The other songs mentioned for an unappreciation thread e.g. where the streets have no name, are all-time classics by the band!

Strange world eh? :shrug:

Whoa...is there a unappreciation thread of BD???....:|

I think yes:huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom