Beautiful Day Appreciation.....again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Yes, this thread has been made several time before...most likely by me in fact :shifty:, but it's worth doing again.

Im my not so humble opinion, Beautiful Day is one of U2's finest moments, and my personal favorite song of theirs. Everything about it is perfect to me, and it has a very special personal connection as well. It's the song the started it all for me. Got me hooked on U2, and genuinely interested in music for the first time, which even further led me to study audio production in college and make this stuff my career. So yeah, it's kinda special. It's a song that gave birth to an entire new generation of U2 fans, so that's something to be proud of. The studio verison is near perfection, but certain live versions simply surpass reality.

Live 8 is probably my personal favorite performance of this song. Watch. And appreciate. ;)

Beautiful Day

I looooooooooooove it. It's still one of U2's best live songs. Incredible. Seeing it first hand was a slap in the face with a big hug afterwards. :hug:

One of the best pop songs of this decade. :heart: :heart: :heart:
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Will be remebered in 20 years time as a significant song from this time,

Beautiful Day is the song that got me into U2... It is a very special song to me... I love U2's music and it is mostly what i listen too but Beautiful Day still remains my favorite. The whole piece is so uplifting and raises the hairs on the back of my neck like no other song...

From Start to finish this song is so Special!

craigp said:

i think the ending is the best part musically actually

love the song as a whole:drool:

No arguing or even kindly discussing.

Beautiful Day kicks ass, period. All of it.

Beautiful Day is possibly my favorite U2 song, and probably my favorite Bono lyric.
"What you don't have, you don't need it now / What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."
It would seem that one needs that mentality to survive as a graduate student.

was this song written shortly after popmart? the beginning with the drum machine and electric piano sounds very popish...oh and I lovw it!

Zootlesque said:
Probably the best song from this decade!

agreed

one of the best anyhow

so uplifting. It's the song that cemented U2 as my favourite band ever (it started with Pop but I was getting into crappy top 40 stuff for awhile before ATYCLB) and really helped me get into better music in general. Definitely a classic.

although it's definately not my favourite song and at first I didn't like it that much it did grow on me and I grew to love it.

It's also the song which made me so happy when it first came out.. U2 were popular again and it was such a relief as we all were waiting for years for U2 to finally gain back the attention they had in the early 90's

It kind of made me feel secure again as some people I knew perked there heads up and realised.. shit U2 are really great :)

Last edited:
Not my favourite song off ATYCLB but definitely a classic, :up:

I really love the video, as well - nothing new or spectacular but I just feel that it has this really pure, pristine, joyous feeling about it. Hard to put in words.

i am 24 years old and this song is NOT the song that got me into U2....i grew up on my older brothers cassettes of joshua tree, achtung, and zooropa, and explored pop on my own.....

but i have only AS OF RECENT been able to appreciate BD>......definetly didnt feel it at 1st, but things change, i've gone thru some things in my personal life....and on a nice sunny day driving the car down near the beach NOTHING BEATS BEAUTIFUL DAY.......:drool:

sounds alright if i hear it on the radio but wouldn't choose to play it myself. didn't know it was so popular, actually.

bathiu said:
GOOD song, but has the worst beginning/intro to a song ever! not just to a U2 song. :barf:

I dont think its technically brilliant but for some reason it feels like i am on a cloud :wink:

It's definitely one of the top five U2 songs, and is the song that made me a fan. So it will always be special to me.

Back
Top Bottom