Beatles Vs U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who are better?

• U2

Votes: 118 66.3%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 60 33.7%

• Total voters
OK, U2 is probably my favorite "active" band, but I gotta go with The Beatles. No brainer there.

I prefer U2 but Beatles were the biggest band ever... so, for me U2 are better but I recognize that Beatles were bigger. I also like Beatles...

Even though the beatles and u2 are right next to eachother in my favorite bands, the beatles still win rather easily for me.

Okay I went with the Beatles not so much because I like them better but because they paved the way for rock bands like U2. They changed the way music was made. My god people cried like babies when they saw them it was pandomonium (spelling????).

My vote goes to U2 , they are "My Beatles"

I love the Beatles too , they have beautiful songs, but....

My spirit only is lifted when I listen U2, no other band makes me feel so "elevated", the spiritual side of the music only works for U2, other artists never will know , the meaning of this side.

Apples and oranges people. If the Beatles were working with the equipment U2 have now it would be different. Also, the Beatles influence U2 one way or another so there is just no comparison.

Take them for what they are and we will never know who is better in this subjective issue.

U2, U2, and nothing more than U2 :rockon:

Last edited:
Heh, I voted for The Beatles, but I'm actually shocked how many votes they've received........nearly 40% on a U2 forum......probably the next favorite band here after the Dublin Lads (although I'm sure there's plenty of R.E.M. fanatics here)....

BigMacPhisto said:
Heh, I voted for The Beatles, but I'm actually shocked how many votes they've received........nearly 40% on a U2 forum......probably the next favorite band here after the Dublin Lads (although I'm sure there's plenty of R.E.M. fanatics here)....

Pearl Jam :rockon:

I love U2 and their my favourite band but I gotta go with the Beatles, partly the reason why U2 are a band, The Edge only got into music because of Sgt. Peppers...

The 8 man band of the Beatles and U2 would be unstopable...

Yes, come to the dark side.... Don't underestimate the power of the emperor....

A valuable ally you all would be...

:macdevil:

I can't really compare the two, they are completely different in meaning to me.

I like the Beatles, but they don't have the same meaning that U2 does. And the Beatles will never be duplicated in their universal appeal, but at the same time, U2 is huge.

It's kind of like comparing 1 million in silver and 1 million in gold. They are both very expensive, but, do you like gold or silver better

considering how biased this board should be, I'm amazed at how close this is.

maybe the Beatles are better from an objective standpoint, and I do like a lot of their songs, but U2 are my favorite band. I just enjoy their music more. :shrug:

boystupidboy said:
The rolling stones.

:madspit:

The Stones are shit. Sorry.
OK, not shit, but nothing compared with Beatles or U2.

I go for The Beatles, because in eight years they released so many incredible albums.

I mean, releasing Revolver, then Sgt. Peppers, then Magical Mystery tour, then White Album, then Abbey Road, then Let It Be (I know the latter two should be switched but thinking albums released) in just four years. No band has ever had so much creativity in them. Each of those albums are completely different from each other, and they are all totally great.

I mean, I love U2 more, but Beatles are just so great that it's spooky. And besides all that, Lennon > Bono.

Back
Top Bottom