beach clip 409 IS a strokes song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ntalwar said:

That is The Strokes genre actually - "post-punk revival" - so we were right on...

I'm a Strokes fan, so yes I see similarities, but I don't think it's them.

ok, I hope someone could find the song, I'll go iTunes-ing for Joy Division.

LemonMacPhisto said:

ok, I hope someone could find the song, I'll go iTunes-ing for Joy Division.

Oh - I thought you were joking (?).
But 1-2 nights ago I mentioned "Love Will Tear Us Apart" as a similar sound - or it could be like something else.

Last edited:
o. m. g.

what if they were just randomly using a song (there were no vocals in that version...so it could be a cover....) for the background music to their video?
and....U2 was just coincidentally jamming?

I DONT KNOWW AAAHHHH!!

Last edited:
ntalwar said:

Oh - I thought you were joking (?).
But 1-2 nights ago I mentioned "Love Will Tear Us Apart" as a similar sound - or it could be like something else.

I remember that, I kind of agreed with that observation too, but I'm not kidding about the Joy Division thing either.

At this point it can be anything.

the song is playing in the background and it's definitely the same song, but it doesnt say on the website that The Strokes wrote it, and why would U2 have an unreleased Strokes song :huh:

this is all weird. I am thinking it must be some other song, and U2 were covering it, or Bono was singing over it, or something. I don't think it's a Strokes song OR a U2 song. but Bono is definitely the one singing in the beach clip.

does this mean I have to change my sig?? :sad: i still like the song, whoever wrote it :wink:

From Ernie's post, here's a YSI to the Strokes song in question:

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C281BB220A02AC77

(1) U2 covered an unreleased Strokes song.

(2) The Strokes covered an unreleased U2 song.

(3) There was a second spitter!

:applauded for Seinfeld reference:

wtfcoldplay?

The vocals on the beach clip still sound alot like Bono :huh:

phillyfan26 said:
(3) There was a second spitter!

:applauded for Seinfeld reference:

:lol:

You shouldn't have spilled beer on him while he was in the bullpen.

(can he go for another Seinfeld reference???)

I say if the true writer doesn't claim it in 24 hours, it's a landrush!

Thank you, thank you.

I do think 409 is spongeworthy though

(was that too much, I can never tell, :wink: )

[two movie/tv references in one post, amazing]

:lmao: even more!

I love it! This will go down in U2fan folklore. Soon, everyone will be swearing they knew it wasn't them.

I feel like Britney Spears after the Matt Lauer interview

a little nauseous, bloated, sad, and have an craving for cheetos and budweiser.

LemonMacPhisto said:

(was that too much, I can never tell, :wink: )

[two movie/tv references in one post, amazing]

damn you - i will top you soon...:wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

:drool: It's a great sound. I don't think it's a cover of JD's Transmission...it's too different. I also don't think this is U2 at all in 409. I may be wrong. It really does sound like The Strokes clip, however, and also a lot like The Arcade Fire--it's reminiscent of their song Haiti at certain places.

:huh:

The music in the Strokes clip is clearly the same, but in the "U2" 409, it really doesn't sound like the same vocals to me and I'm not sure some of the lines sung match up. I'm really confused. :huh:

Obviously, U2 and The Strokes wrote songs at the same time that turned out to be the same sound. Go figure. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
Obviously, U2 and The Strokes wrote songs at the same time that turned out to be the same sound. Go figure. :wink:

Maybe Pearl Jam hold the key. They're opening for U2, while The Strokes have been opening for PJ on their current tour.

Also, Pearl Jam are a rock band...U2 are a rock band. The Strokes are from New York...U2 have a song called New York. :hmm:

angelordevil said:

Maybe Pearl Jam hold the key. They're opening for U2, while The Strokes have been opening for PJ on their current tour.

Also, Pearl Jam are a rock band...U2 are a rock band. The Strokes are from New York...U2 have a song called New York. :hmm:

The Strokes are U2's youthful alteregos, like how the Dalton Brothers are U2's country alteregos.

And, in the end, all their songs sound like Coldplay because Chris Martin invented music.

AtomicBono said:

wtf? i'm so confused. who is albert?? is he from the strokes?? WHO WROTE THIS SONG??

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

429981c3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom