beach clip 409 IS a strokes song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's interesting is if you watch the home video the strokes made in 2001 called "in transit"at about 23minutes they are discussing their flight on a private jet. It is flight TS(the strokes)409. About 6 minutes later the song in question 409 is on the video. Coincidence or conspiracy?

stargift said:
What's interesting is if you watch the home video the strokes made in 2001 called "in transit"at about 23minutes they are discussing their flight on a private jet. It is flight TS(the strokes)409. About 6 minutes later the song in question 409 is on the video. Coincidence or conspiracy?

Hmmm...the number conspiracies begin.

Ha! It's funny because it's actually true! The TS409 bit is at about 29 minutes, and then the song is around 36 minutes.

I don't know if someone already mentioned this (don't wanna read the whole thread again), but this I found at the forum of @u2.com:

"Here's more on Clip 5, from Ryan Gentles (manager of The Strokes) himself:

---
they weren't covering the song, albert was there that day and was
playing them some of his solo recordings when the band had a day off
during their tour last week.

i can't believe some crazy fans were actually outside using spy gear
to secretly record the sounds coming from the house... very creepy,
to say the least.

the song is actually called "in transit", and yes, albert's solo
album is due OCT. 9th, and will exclusively be released in the U.K.,
because that's the only place he has a record deal...
i'm sure it will be available for purchase elsewhere as an "import",
or through web stores...

-ryan
the strokes
wiz kid mgmt. "

So since the strokes were there this must mean U2 were probably playing some new U2 songs to them. Just just they did with the REM lead singner back when the beach clips came out before the release of HTDAAB

dabiggestu2fan said:
So since the strokes were there this must mean U2 were probably playing some new U2 songs to them. Just just they did with the REM lead singner back when the beach clips came out before the release of HTDAAB

I wouldnt say that "must mean" because it doesnt. Appears its a possibility they played some stuff they may have been working on.

Difference from the REM Michael Stipe deal is that the album was finished, announced and release date scheduled. Those were the actual album tracks being heard from the beach. These are clearly either demos, or not U2 to me. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom