Be HONEST NOW !!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starr

The Fly
Guys, I was watching the JT DVD again last nite...which i love...I hope they do one for ATYCLB.

Anyway, it got me thinking...What song/songs get to you (like teary, chills etc.)?

Running to Stand Still (one of my favs), Mothers Of Disappeared....

Just give me chills right up my spin, so damn powerfull. I cannot think of any others off the top of my head. Maybe One (live).

So..what about you guys?

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

I posted something ver similar under "Chills" although I limited mine to the Elevation tour.

I will just comment on JT, but I have to say that Running to Stand Still always makes me emotional, and the line from One Tree Hill;

"..I'll see you again when the stars fall from the sky and the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill..." Gives me the chills. I think it is the best line to any song ever written.

Ever.

What is on the JT DVD???

Live stuff? Videos? I am very curious.

Kite

Walk On

Where the Streets Have No Name

*When played live... chills, tears... the whole range of emotions.

Originally posted by ouizy:
[

What is on the JT DVD???

Live stuff? Videos? I am very curious.[/B]

It's the band talking about making JT. It has some live footage but it's all about making the album & how it came together. It is amazing insight on how they make the music that we all love. It also has interviews with Daniel Lanios(sp?) Brain Eno, Flood & Anton (the photo guy..not even gonna try to spell his name).

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

I was really thinking today about how Bono's voice brings me to tears if I really let the emotion take hold. It's something about the way he sings, or the way he holds certain notes, or maybe it's that velvety voice we all know and love.
smile.gif

As for songs that really get to me:
One
Bad
Red Hill Mining Town
Love is Blindness
(hell, most of Achtung Baby just guts me)
Stuck

As for live:
Kite
One
Walk On
Please
Bad
I Will Follow
Stay
Running to Stand Still

live:-
Kite
One
Stuck

Also:-
One Tree Hill
Tomorrow
RTSS

I'm gonna have to go with the people who said Running to Stand Still...live or recorded. It always brings me to tears. And I couldn't make it through Bono's performance of it in Rattle and Hum either. It just touches something deep inside me.

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Streets...that organ slowly becoming louder and then the arpeggios of Edge's guitar ALWAYS give me shivers. Live, with the crowd starting to roar as they realize what song it is...makes me shiver even more.
smile.gif

Walk On...when the piano comes in and Bono says "leave it behind"

One...the live version from the Miss Sarajevo single never fails to bring me to my knees.

-Mothers Of The Disappeared (live on the Joshua Tree tour, Larry's drums are chilling and Bono singing in spanish at the end, "Mama look for me, Mama dont give up on me" is very moving)
-Running To Stand Still (live and studio equally)
-Streets (live in person, never get tired of hearing them play it in concert)
-One Tree Hill (live on the Lovetown tour, Bono gets carried away towards the end of most Lovetown versions, its great)
-Stuck and Kite (live, much better than the studio version)

Streets, espec. live. There is probably no other song that has the effect on me that Streets does--I don't even have to hear it, I just THINK that guitar in my head and I get major chills. It's happening right now
smile.gif

Also...Unforgettable Fire, Heartland, sometimes Bad, sometimes One Tree Hill and Mothers, the part in Walk On where he sings "Home...how to know what it is when you've never had one."

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

I always loved the "All that you fashion, all that you make...etc." at the end of Walk On.

Bad
Exit
out of control

But at a live show, where the streets have no name is the song that make me cry.

Read you, Rono.

reading all your replys...are giving me chills..just thinking about certain songs...

Not sure if it's the music, the lyrics, Bono's voice or the passion behind the words that get to me...but it takes me to whole other level of emotions.

Starr

Well, this may seem strange, but:

GONE

It doesn't bring me to tears, but it has a powerful message.
I first heard it when i was reading a book about a guy who had to live through a war, and that chorus "i'm not coming down" and lines like "what you thought was freedom was just greed" fit the book really well.....se, there's my story
smile.gif
Bless ya!
WHYWHY

I can't believe no one else said this...not that I saw, anyway.

Sunday Bloody Sunday on Rattle and Hum. When Bono's screaming, "No more!" and his voice cracks, I just about fucking lose it.

Others (especially live):
Love Is Blindness
Streets
One

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Bad/40/Where The Streets Have No Name all in a row in Philly. WOW! It just was magical. Still dying to see Running To Stand Still live. I'd flip if I that got played at a concert I went to.

Originally posted by ericb:
Bad/40/Where The Streets Have No Name all in a row in Philly. WOW! It just was magical. Still dying to see Running To Stand Still live. I'd flip if I that got played at a concert I went to.

Saw Running to Stand Still once & it was so damn powerful...words cannot even express...wish they played more.

REading the replys here..i get chills right away cause it takes back to some really incredible moments, that i have forgotten about.

------------------
Starr*

Back
Top Bottom