be honest. is u2 still your favorite band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the way man. I love this band. I get so much inspiration from it that no other band gives me... apart from the good old worship stuff. Every time I play a U2 song I'm like, "MAN they're good!" :wink:

Bic Runga, Anika Moa, Bon Jovi, POD, Live and Coldplay come a close close second...

U2 is #1 on my list. noone else even comes close. i guess the closest ting i like to u2 is inxs which is still pretty far off from u2 on my list.

No. They're not. I'm bored with them. They need to make more interesting music. More interesting than the past 2 new songs and remixes...

At the moment I 'm listinging to Coldplay a lot they mach U2 a bit an the peppers.Lik emany you said I feels like something I can get home too something very familair

Just like Natztar they give me a lot of inspiration to do a bit of th esame on my guitar

did I say yes to this thread?

I dont remember, well if I did, i changed my mind.....for today, I will update this thread when i change it back.....

:wave:

i don't remember responding or not, too lazy to check...

but if i did i assume i sad something about not actually picking favourite bands :blahblah: my favourite band changes every five minutes :blahblah: :blahblah: u2 is probably my faovuirte band but i'm not sure :blahblah: listened to nothing other than the beatles ofr 6 years :blahblah:

the other day i started refering to u2 as my favourite band. friday to be exact. i was talking about the songs i had just played on my radio show and had played a bunch of u2 songs, and was explaining something and said that they were my favourite band. now, no one was listening, more people will probably read my post here than heard me say u2 are my faouvirte band. so yeah. they're my favourite band. but then again i haven't been a u2 fan for years and years so i don't know what it's like to have periods of time where i get sick of them. i've only liked the beatles long enough for that to happen, and that's different because they're not putting out new albums

U2 will is still my fav band. Only been a fan since , ahhh 2000 i think.
so if got allot of chatching up to do with the old days :yes:

I've got heaps of bootlegs, and still i never get sick of them NEVER!

elevated soul said:
U2 will is still my fav band. Only been a fan since , ahhh 2000 i think.
so if got allot of chatching up to do with the old days :yes:

I've got heaps of bootlegs, and still i never get sick of them NEVER!

i said that too.

they arent even in the top 25 list of bands i like anymore

there are bands that you are fans to and there are ones you just listen to

i refuse to be a u2 fan because of their politics

and the music (especially that in recent times) isnt giving good reason for me to plug their records in, if at all

CrashedCarDriver said:
they arent even in the top 25 list of bands i like anymore

there are bands that you are fans to and there are ones you just listen to

i refuse to be a u2 fan because of their politics

and the music (especially that in recent times) isnt giving good reason for me to plug their records in, if at all

fair enough.

I've been a fan for quite a number of years now...and I've enjoyed brief flirtations with other artists along the way(Radiohead, Pearl Jam, The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, etc, etc), but there's something indescribable about U2 that keeps them at the top of the list.

It's weird because I'll listen to a song like Radiohead's Let Down, or Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water (definitely among my all time favorites) and be deeply moved by it, but then I'll take the cd out and throw on Pop or something.

U2 fills a void for me I guess, I can't exlplain it...
I don't know if this love of their music will last forever, but for now they're all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom