be honest. is u2 still your favorite band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:
I like lots of bands, I listen to lots of music, but most of it is U2. They are definitely my favorite. They have a song for every emotion, every milestone in life. Their music got me through bad days, and celebrated good days.

I can totally relate to this. For me I can put on U2 an become totally lost in the music which doesnt really happen with anyone else and for that they will always be #1 in my heart.

What sula said! U2 has always been my fave band since 1981-I really enjoy their music. I love music, and like someone else said, i may listen to this new band or that-but I heard "Desire" today on the radio and it just made my day!! My family expected me to 'grow out of them' by now, but they keep growing, too!! Amazing how that has been happened and I Still enjoy their music! And Still, I love *Bono*!:>)

I listen to U2 the most. IMO, every U2 album is a classic and an original in its own right. The reason I probably don't listen to other bands are because either 1.) They don't have much artistic variety; or 2.) They don't have much hardhitting albums out.

Of course, with my 51 CD player, gotta add some random rock, rap, alternative for some flava. :cool:

Yes, U2 will ALWAYS be my favorite band. The_Acrobat stated the way I feel perfectly. I remember, when I was younger, before I got so into U2, I used to laugh at the way the Elvis fans would act, so obsessive and such. Now, I don't laugh. I've BEEN like that for the past 20 years myself.
I do listen to other music, other bands, but none make me feel the way U2's makes me feel. That will never change.

wertsie said:

I don't think I'm limiting myself by saying they're my favorite. I've always been a fan of music, for as long as I can remember, but no other band or musician has had such an impact on my life as U2. It's a very spiritual thing. For me, listening to most other music is a different experience altogether. It's fun or I may get something spiritual out of it in a small sense, but never like U2.

I feel the same way.

Even if every song and album U2 did from this day forward was total CRAP they'd STILL be my favourite band of all time, bar NONE if only for what they have done musically in the past 20 years and also for playing such a major role in every aspect of my life.

I have been obsessing over U2 for literally half my life now....they are responsible for who I married, who most of my friends are, my career choices, many of my life views...and most of all for nourishing my soul with that music...which is like nothing else on earth. U2 has made my life go from black and white to technicolour.

Just because I love U2 above all does not take away from other bands though. I love a huge vareity of music, and there are various songs/bands that might whip me into a lather of excitement on a par with U2 on occasion....but I can say with 100% certainty that U2 TAKES THE CAKE and will never be replaced in my heart as #1 fave band. :heart:

Yeah, they are. I don't listen to them 24:7 by any means, but they are still my number 1.

yes, U2 is still my favorite band and sometimes I stop listening to them for a while, never longer than a month but for weeks. but then when i play them again i wonder why I ever stopped.

but besides u2 i listen to:

the police (a lot:D)
coldplay (preparing for concert:wink:)
radiohead
oasis
rolling stones
REM
sting
fabulosos cadillacs
no doubt
strokes
etc.....

None could replace U2 as my favorite. I listen to all kinds of other bands (STP, The Who, Queens of the Stone Age, Rage, etc.), but those last in little havens and I always come back to U2.

No. Led Zeppelin have taken that place, and i think U2 will never be able to reach number 1 again. They have become to soft for my taste. I like to rock and be able to feel the beat, U2 sometimes make me want to sleep. Jimmy and Robert would take Bono and The Edge any day!

sulawesigirl4 said:
U2 is like the constant. I may not listen to them for a month, or maybe for a long time, but they are there in the background and I always end up going back.

There are other bands I LOVE to an obsessive extent (Starsailor especially, but also Doves, Idlewild, and Mojave 3), but U2 is still my all-time favourite, even though I never listen to them.

They're the band it all comes back to. Sometimes I'll go months without listening to them, then one night I'll rediscover The Joshua Tree, AB, Boy, ATYCLB and thank God this band makes records. The best.

Unbelievable, for the past few months I had never listened to like...loads of U2...but now that Spring is here and Summer approachin, I find the need to listen to them lots.....because the smells and late sunny evenings ALWAYS remind me of them coming to Belfast to do PoPmart in August.....

I LOVE THEM SOOOO MUCH!!

Bono is the one who keeps me happy!

:happy:

Tonight Im in the mood to watch Rattle and Hum.......it also reminds me of hot evenings in Dublin at like 8pm, hmmmm LOVELY!

meegannie said:

There are other bands I LOVE to an obsessive extent , but U2 is still my all-time favourite, even though I never listen to them.

I think I feel the exact same way.

I hardly ever listen to them anymore (and when I do it doesnt really move me like it used to), but I dont think I could truthfully say that I like any other bands more than I like U2.

well, i guess i changed my mind. i feel no loyalty to u2 anymore, theyre still one of my favorites, but id be lieing if i said radiohead wasnt.

pub crawler said:
U2 is my 5th favorite band, right after C r e e d, Bon Jovi, Avril Lavigne and 98 degrees.

Dont forget Nickleback, they rock hard....

Forever and ever, 4men, bono, edge, larry, adam

I may have said this already, but just in case, I'll reiterate..........
I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: U2
first and foremost

:hug: U2 :hug:

Back
Top Bottom