Basketball Warm up song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkdominatr

Refugee
I am the captain of my basketbal team this year and get to choose the music. I always make it a good rock cd, but was wondering what u2 song to maybe put on there...something to get the blood flowing...elevation remix maybe. i would do vertigo but for some reason only the bass gets played over the speaker system for vertigo. any quick thoughts?

Last edited:
Elevation
Desire
Mofo remix
The Fly
Even better than the real thing remix
God part II

Elevation (Tomb Raider especially) would be good, but maybe also Desire. The studio version of Desire would be the best, as the live versions don't kick it in as much... Beyond that, MoFo unleashes the fury pretty well...

I do think Elevation from TR would be a very good pick. The right Mofo mix would go very well too.

Back in my days, bball pregame music was all rap of the first three tracks of Metallica's black album!

Do You Feel Loved dont know why but that song always gets my blood flowing

but yes Elevation would be another good one

To scare your opponents you could choose Last night on earth...
Back to subject:
Mofo perhaps?
All because of you?
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me ?
I could go on forever haha...

BTW i'm my teams captain too:wink:

Elevation (tomb rider mix)would be a pretty good choice or perhaps Vertigo.....:shrug:

Last edited:
trevgreg said:
I do think Elevation from TR would be a very good pick. The right Mofo mix would go very well too.

Back in my days, bball pregame music was all rap of the first three tracks of Metallica's black album!

yes it still is mostly rap wherever you go, but when your team is a bunch of white boys is just wouldnt make sense....lol

none... u2 doesn't work for warmup cds. trust me. they may work for you, but it won't work for the majority of your teammates, i'm guessing.

the team i coach's warmup cd for this season

-welcome to the jungle- gnr
-public service announcement- jay-z
-communication breakdown- led zep
-encore/numb- jay-z/linkin park
-cochiese- audioslave
-moment of clarity- jay-z

vertigo used to be on it, but it just doesn't work, so it was replaced with yet another jay-z song.

Last edited:
When I played high school ball, all I wanted to hear was Pride blaring over the speakers. Nothing would get me pumped up like that song. Funny, that's also the song I sing in my head when the dentist is about to poke me with a needle!

Actually, all the people on my team were white boys, and rap one year was just about all they played!

If i remember correctly, Linkin Park was a popular choice among them as well. Gn'R just reminds me of football, as well as most other 80s rock songs my coaches wanted.

Now that I think about, I guess Vertigo could go pretty well too.

Someone from Vancouver, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Vancouver Canucks used to come out skating to "Where the Streets Have no Name", which was pretty cool.

God, I miss hockey :sigh:

The bass is only played on Vertigo because of the mix. Your PA is apparently set up to mono, so the guitar part doesn't play. The PA is only playing one side of the stereo mix.

Black Shuck, radio edit, if you can get it. There's a rocker for ya.

If U2, go with Mofo.

Bullet The Blue Sky live on ZooTV or The Cry/The Electric Co. live.

If that doesn't get you pumped, I don't know what will.

what a great subject, I'm the captain of my BBall team too and I am an infamous for subjecting teammates to my musical preference.

Alas, I have to agree with Headache in a Suitcase, U2 is relavily poor warm up material, their catchy, studium rock songs are just too 'happy' to work up some agression (perhaps they work for the Canucks) where the agressive, dark, edgy songs (BTBS, UTEOTW are not public or accessible enough. Desire may work or I will follow and Elevation, but that's about it.

my current Choice:

Blackmail the Universe (when working up some agression you can never go wrong with Megadeth,
just check out 99ways to Die, Architecture af Agression, Angry Again, Prince of Darkness, these may all work well...)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom