Bashing Stupid Bashers of U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was on aboard where this guy is so obsessed with hating Bono he does not even understand why...he has gone so far as to take cheep shots at Bono's height and weight when he has ran out of other insults....:madspit: I think whenever you have many ppl that love you , there is going to always be someone out there who just hates you for that reason alone:|

LJT said:
you know i never once thought of Bono as being arrogant or overly pretentious, before i came on the internet and then i noticed the amount of abuse he gets :huh:

Same here. Whenever I'd see Bono on TV long before I became a really big fan of U2, I'd always thought he seemed like a really nice guy. Never had any complaints about him.

I do find the arrogance thing amusing, though-on stage, that's a good thing. You want people to think you're hot stuff while performing. Mick Jagger did that all the time-lots of bands' lead singers come off as cocky on stage. So why people act like it's a bad thing if Bono does it is beyond me. Besides that, they should also see him offstage...the arrogance disappears quite quickly then, I've seen interviews and stuff in which he's very humble.

And the nickname complaint is a strange one, too. First off, they didn't even come up with their own names, their friends did, and they've had them long before they were famous (granted, people who aren't big fans won't always know this, but it still wouldn't hurt to at least ask someone about the story behind the names before going off about it), and second, again, Bono and Edge aren't the first ones to have nicknames. So why they get made fun of for that...I'm not sure.

I don't care if people aren't all that into the band's music-to each their own, everyone likes different things. But it'd be nice to have some legitimate arguments about why you don't like some artist, instead of some of the ones offered up in this threads.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom