Barak's annoucement theme song today! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #61
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 67,750
Local Time: 10:18 AM
bill clinton had much more political experience than barak obama, not to mention he was one of the greatest political minds of all time.

barak obama has yet to do anything to suggest that he should be president of the united states other than be good looking, great at giving speaches and obviously a very smart guy. there's a lot of really smart guys who can give good speeches and are good looking, doesn't mean they should be president.

now we're a still a loooooong way from the election, and obama certainly could prove that he's worthy in that time. what's wrong with asking someone to prove it?

his potential is exciting, yes. but potential doesn't always a good president make. he could certainly get my vote next november... but i'm not getting excited over a freshman senator with a limited track record. let him prove it.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #62
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 07:18 AM
I agree with Headache. It's great to have a potential candidate people are genuinely excited about, though.
__________________

corianderstem is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #63
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,242
Local Time: 10:18 AM
This morning on CBS Sunday Morning, Jim Warren from the Chicago Tribune told how a Japanese news crew called and asked to interview him about Obama. He asked why they were interested, and they said something like, "He is young, he is black, he is a different face of America." And on MSNBC, someone made the point that he's African and an American, not "just" an African-American, which adds a whole new dimension into the issue of diversity.

Let's face it: if Americans voted on resumes, Bush 43 would never have made it. Neither would Bill Clinton.
Given that standard, Bush 41 would have been elected to a second term, since he had decades of international experience. We simply don't vote on qualifications -- and too many of us don't vote at all. THAT's the real problem.

But trying to get this back to U2, I was in Chicago this week and the city at night is all lit up (they still have the Christmas lights on Michigan Avenue). It really does look like COBL. Beautiful city!
silvrlvr is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #64
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 10:18 AM
It's an advantage in 2007 not to be a Washington insider. People are sick to death of Washington insiders, and that's one reason for the interest in Senator Obama. There's nothing wrong with being excited about someone who is new and possibly exciting. Bill Clinton did so much with that hope thing, he was even from Hope. Maybe he even originated the audacity of hope. So what Senator Obama's qualifications are remain to be seen and proven and analyzed, but that doesn't automatically make him an invalid candidate. Sometimes character and audacity and attitude can count just as much as experience can.

How many times have experienced politicians run for President numerous times and lost? Their experience didn't count for all that much when all was said and done.

Senator Obama was also against the war from day one, according to all reports.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Jeannieco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Posts: 4,992
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2



As far as the deficit and economy goes, the deficit has been cut in half over the past 3 years, the economy is booming, and unemployment is down. Where on earth do you get that the economy is bad?

And no, Iraq has nothing to do with Clinton. Clinton did have something to do with Bin Laden, on the other hand...
Your statement regarding the deficit says everything. Seriously,
have you read a newspaper? New York City has a clock displayed which ticks off the national debt by the second. But first let me back up for you.... remember when Bush took office? He started with a a SURPLUS... thank you Bill Clinton!! that means NO DEBT. Now check it out:
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 11 Feb 2007 at 04:06:44 PM GMT is: 8,718,026,977,562.70

The estimated population of the United States is 300,934,715
so each citizen's share of this debt is $28,969.83.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.57 billion per day since September 29, 2006!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House!
*********************

Clinton had something to do w/BinLaden? Ya, like trying to kill him when he had the chance and then being chastised for it for wagging the dog.
Bush on the other hand seems to think catching him is not as important and in his own words said " you know honestly, I just don't spend that much time on it" (regarding finding binladen.)
Plus the infamous memo that was handed to him that said in AUG. 2001 verbadum that "Bin Laden determined to attack on US soil"
That's a fact. Condy Rice testafied during the 9/11 hearings regarding that memo.

And to everyone else, I am not supporting Obama because he likes U2. Come off it! I brought the news bit here to fellow fans of U2 because I thought it was interesting and a bonus for those of us who like both. Sorry if I offended anybody with my excitement!
It's just been so long and my heart has been broken so terribly by this admin ( you have no idea) and what they have done/not done for our country I feel some hope for a change. And when I heard COBL, it just made me smile.
Yes, part of me is holding my breath in regards to Obama, but maybe I am a little desperate to find that bright light from a spark, but I just think that he has a lot to offer EVERYONE,
therefore I got excited.
Ok, carry on!
Oh ya, U2 rocks!
Jeannieco is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #66
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lindenhurst Long Island
Posts: 174
Local Time: 02:18 PM
Obamas got my vote!..Lets hope he picks a good V.P.
The thing I like the most is that he wants to represent all Americans not just black Americans.
u2fan628 is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,257
Local Time: 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannieco


Your statement regarding the deficit says everything. Seriously,
have you read a newspaper? New York City has a clock displayed which ticks off the national debt by the second. But first let me back up for you.... remember when Bush took office? He started with a a SURPLUS... thank you Bill Clinton!! that means NO DEBT. Now check it out:
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 11 Feb 2007 at 04:06:44 PM GMT is: 8,718,026,977,562.70

The estimated population of the United States is 300,934,715
so each citizen's share of this debt is $28,969.83.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.57 billion per day since September 29, 2006!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House!
*********************

Clinton had something to do w/BinLaden? Ya, like trying to kill him when he had the chance and then being chastised for it for wagging the dog.
Bush on the other hand seems to think catching him is not as important and in his own words said " you know honestly, I just don't spend that much time on it" (regarding finding binladen.)
Plus the infamous memo that was handed to him that said in AUG. 2001 verbadum that "Bin Laden determined to attack on US soil"
That's a fact. Condy Rice testafied during the 9/11 hearings regarding that memo.
?

I'm not saying we don't have a deficit. We have a huge deficit. All I said was it has been cut in half in the past 3 years, which is a huge accomplishment. You know what wont help the deficit? The minimum wage increase passed by your Democratic Congress. Well done Pelosi and co.

Bin Laden is the world's biggest terrorist. If Clinton would have accepted the offer, I'd say being criticized a little is a small price to pay to receive Bin Laden.

And again as far as the deficit goes, there have been a couple wars in the past few years which have been somewhat expensive...
2861U2 is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 03:18 PM
this thread seriously needs to be kicked out of eykiw.
U2Man is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #69
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,819
Local Time: 10:18 AM

Guys, save the political discussions for FYM. This thread was just to point out that he used a U2 song.
__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Jeannieco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Posts: 4,992
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by t8thgr8
defensive much?

Look up Obamas history pre-illinois. Dont cram him down peoples throats just because youve heard a few speeches and praise him a bit more because he used a song from a band that a majority of the population is into. Politics are too much for some people. Heres something from u2, maybe ill get some followers: Nothing's as simple as you think.
Hey, if you are directin that at me....did you read the very first post I opened this with?

I was simply expressing my genuine excitement over the coupling of two of my favorite things. A u2 song and somebody that represents what I think U2 stands for also!
I don't care who you vote for....
I am excited about Obama. Simple dude! Chill.

Also...later in the thread I was simply defending the charge to explain what Obama has done. I did not open this topic up to try and "recruit" people

Now it's a free for all, political debate which is going nowhere fast.
Jeannieco is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #71
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
the world is clearly a safer place.



martha is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,825
Local Time: 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip


yeah and look what a disaster that turned out to be

pointing out similiarities to bush probably isnt a good thing
I was being sarcastic...
phanan is online now  
Old 02-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #73
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
bill clinton had much more political experience than barak obama, not to mention he was one of the greatest political minds of all time.

barak obama has yet to do anything to suggest that he should be president of the united states other than be good looking, great at giving speaches and obviously a very smart guy. there's a lot of really smart guys who can give good speeches and are good looking, doesn't mean they should be president.

now we're a still a loooooong way from the election, and obama certainly could prove that he's worthy in that time. what's wrong with asking someone to prove it?

his potential is exciting, yes. but potential doesn't always a good president make. he could certainly get my vote next november... but i'm not getting excited over a freshman senator with a limited track record. let him prove it.

As much as I'd love to be on the Obama wagon 100%, I really do have to agree with this. He's got time to make a true believer out of me. I'm not tied to any one candidate just yet.
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #74
War Child
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: gulf coast
Posts: 990
Local Time: 02:18 PM
Thats just it! It DOES pay to not be a Washington insider in 2007. Thats why Barack Hussein Obama is gonna strike while the irons hot and while he can sneak in. Then it WILL hit the fan. Anybody can SAY whatever they want but I believe he has a pretty big ulterior motive. I wish he was legit and I had something to look forward to but I dont trust him.
t8thgr8 is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #75
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by t8thgr8
Thats just it! It DOES pay to not be a Washington insider in 2007. Thats why Barack Hussein Obama is gonna strike while the irons hot and while he can sneak in. Then it WILL hit the fan. Anybody can SAY whatever they want but I believe he has a pretty big ulterior motive. I wish he was legit and I had something to look forward to but I dont trust him.
Please excuse me, but OH MY FREAKING GOD.
corianderstem is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #76
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by t8thgr8
Thats just it! It DOES pay to not be a Washington insider in 2007. Thats why Barack Hussein Obama is gonna strike while the irons hot and while he can sneak in. Then it WILL hit the fan. Anybody can SAY whatever they want but I believe he has a pretty big ulterior motive. I wish he was legit and I had something to look forward to but I dont trust him.
BVS is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by t8thgr8
I believe he has a pretty big ulterior motive.
WHAT
THE
FUCK
???
martha is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Jeannieco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Posts: 4,992
Local Time: 07:18 AM
^^ Martha, I know. I had the same thought. You can't reason with that thinking.
I stopped trying.
Jeannieco is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #79
War Child
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 703
Local Time: 10:18 AM
My wife and I are HUGE Barack fans and will be giving money to the campaign. And, he has great taste in music!
U2freakboy is offline  
Old 02-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #80
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,819
Local Time: 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
Guys, save the political discussions for FYM. This thread was just to point out that he used a U2 song.
Thanks for listening.
__________________

__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×