Band Member's Manurisms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
What are some of the manurisms of U2's members.

Bono for one always looks like he's trying to get a big bite of air in his photographs???

:lol: Manure and manners.

One foot in the air during Beautiful day? Arms wide open? Pelvic thrust?

Last edited:
At first i thought this thread might be crap (get it?) Av always rather enjoyed adam leaning forward and sticking his neck out like a turtle while playing. Used to be wi a ciggie in his gob in the good old days

Last edited:
Maybe for Adam - the walk around the stage he started doing on the last tour.

Larry really only has the DeathGlare.

Edge is probably running through Pi in his head when that happens :)

I like the Adam bass player straddle -- he plants himself, legs apart, hunkers down and PLAYS. Very godlike.

Bono does the hand reaching to the skies thing an awful lot. I wonder if he does that in conversation.

"Beautiful day, isn't it, Bono?"

"It's a beautiful daaaaaay" -- hand in air, little hip wiggle in response.

cinnaminson said:
Larry's teeth baring grimace when playing drums.
I personally love when Bono sings right in Edge's face. The best part is Edge completely ignoring him.

yeah,that's because edge cannot really play guitar

Bono: clearing his throat a lot, hands up his sleeves, holding his coat closed, the 2-finger victory sign, yelling at the crowd with his microphone by his side, using the word "extraordinary"

Edge: that knowing, Mona Lisa smile; the head-bob grooving he does, the little adjustments to his beanie once in a while

Larry: lets the drumsticks roll in his hands, loosely, when playing slow songs; smiling only during Dublin shows

Adam: too cool for school vibe; the understated swagger; glancing up at the ceiling when talking during interviews

I've noticed that Larry picks on things sometimes during interviews. At the beginning of Rattle and Hum, for instance, he's picking off pieces of the trunk he's sitting on.

LyricalDrug said:
Bono: yelling at the crowd with his microphone by his side

Especially after he says something he's not sure will go over well, like "Bono... sexy person!" on Milan Elevation.

Bono: "Ehm."

Larry's actually quite humorous if you get him to stop being uncomfortable. (rare)

dazzlingamy said:
oi! no nasty adam talk *stroke*

Oh, you love that nasty Adam talk, don't you, don't you?! Yeah, you like it... uh huh... :evil:

Let's see... I like Bono's JT era mannerism of either having his hair hang over his head/face or him pushing his hair off his face. You could have a drinking game with any video - take a drink each time Bono runs his fingers through his hair. :D

I like Edge's little dance he does in "Mysterious Ways" during ZOO TV (see the ZOO TV video). I liked his look then and that dance is wicked (wicked good or wicked bad, I'm not sure - perhaps wicked silly).

I love Adam on the recent tour when he actually dared to walk around the oval stage! Gasp! :eek: This is, by far, the most interactive Adam has ever been on stage.

As for Larry, a few events come to mind. First is with ZOO TV when he sang - badly - on the b-stage. O.K., I admit that when Larry sang those drinking songs, he was fine. But those songs are meant to be sung a bit off-key, after all, one has been drinking. :sexywink: But when he sang "Angel of Harlem", you suddenly realized how fantastic of a singer Bono is (even on Bono's worst days). ;) I also liked Larry's cool trot to the front of the heart on the Elevation Tour, with his shirt slightly unbuttoned. He had such a smug confident look that even as a guy, I had to appreciate it. Similarly, I liked his interaction with Bono for "Love & Peace or Else" on the Vertigo Tour.

That's all, folks!

Adam often bounces on his heels, or bounces side to side. "Dances" with his bass if you watch closely enough. Talks with hands.

Bono also talks with his hands.

Lol Larry "death glare."

Edge's funky dancing.

dazzlingamy said:

He did that right in front of me at my concert and winked at me - i think its the closest i've been to heaven! :wink:

wait....is this pleba? :shifty:

What concert did you go to Dazz? "cause he winked at me too after screaming out "I LOVE YOU ADAM!!!!"when he walked around the *thinks which side*.....Right hand side elipse, he stopped and winked at me .....no kidding..........OMG......we are the winkered!!!!!:hyper: :love:

Even in non-verbal, non singing moments...Bono's mouth is wide open yelling or sucking in air 90% of the time.

recycled speeches to match the recycled set lists.

Back
Top Bottom