Bad on Popmart Santiago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
I've got this concert on DVD and I must say, Bad is just freekin' amazing. Bono is going nuts. Talk about passion. Maybe because it was rarely played on the Popmart tour. Anyways, it's cool. :yes:

LivLuv,

I'm missing something here...how in the world do you have a video of the Santiago show? How can I get a copy?

Zoocoustic said:
LivLuv,

I'm missing something here...how in the world do you have a video of the Santiago show? How can I get a copy?

The show was broadcast on TV in Chile and is readily available with most video/DVD bootleg traders out there. Check some trading lists and you will find it on most.

Last edited:
Zoocoustic said:
LivLuv,

I have it on VCD and VHS. E-mail Eep78@aol.com. She's my main source and usually is open to B&P or trades (although you've got to be pretty special if you've got something she doesn't).

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I have it on VCD and VHS. E-mail Eep78@aol.com. She's my main source and usually is open to B&P or trades (although you've got to be pretty special if you've got something she doesn't).

How is the quality?

Any availability for DVD format?

Zoocoustic said:

How is the quality?

Any availability for DVD format?

Well, like Blue Room said, it was broadcast on TV, so the same quality as the Zoo Sydney, PopMex, and Slane shows I guess. The copy I have is a few generations old so any depletion of picture/color quality is strictly because its VHS format and has been copied a few times before I got mine. It's my personal favorite concert on video. I don't think there's an actual DVD release, but I'm sure it could be burned on DVD (VCDs are good enough for me since my DVD player recognizes them like most do).

I was at that concert. I was 13 years old. The first time I had heard a U2 album was on April of 97 (Achtung ,Baby!, of course)
I went to that cocert with 3 albums on my body (AB, POP and WAR).
The first time I heard BAD was at that concert. I was pissed off because when I entered the stadium, on the court were a lot of booklets given away by a news paper (I still have it), and there were lyrics there: Discotheque, WTSHNN, WOWY, Desire, and All I Want is You. And also on the booklet was a set list from their last concert in Brazil, and after I Still Havem't Found it said ALL I WANT IS YOU. That one I had never heard also, but I had the lyrics there, so I wanted to sing. The worst thing is that at the end of BAD, Bono sang a snippet of AIWIY, so I never understood that until I had The UF CD and heard it.
I was also pissed off with them NOT playing DESIRE.
But I was the best show I have ever been ever, even though they played MOFO and I was really excited, but when I Will Follow started, I was like "what the ... is this?"
I'm sorry now, but I'm not regreted (is that well writen??)

Back
Top Bottom