Bad + Alison = Superb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
On the June 6th show in Boston, in honour of Elvis Costello's presence, Bono added some of "Alison" to the lyrics instead of 40 "Alison, I know this world is killing you, Alison, Alison, Alison" etc. as Streets comes in.

Bono sounds so passionate, and I think it sounds really good, as well as complimenting Bad well as far as lyrics go.

What are your favourite snatches of added lyrics? I also love the snippet of Walk on the Wild Side in Bad that often gets used.

Bad w/ molly malone is amazing, at Notre Dame. I love it...

"to a city...where the girls are so pretty"...

It also lasts around a minute, so it's not just a phrase or two. Awesome.

I gotta add Mysterious Ways + Sexual Healing... it's AWESOME!

bought time we got a good thread...

i liked "get up, stand up" in SBS

i think "sympathy for the devil" and "ruby tuesday" are awesome in BAD

------------------
The numeral 7

I agree with you, Skeek. Bad+Alison is really beautiful. I was at a show where he added that, and it was really an emotional moment...and I didn't even know what song it was. lol. Just the fact that Alison is Bono's wife's name made it kinda cool.

I also liked the addition of Gloria (Van Morrison song, I think) to Desire.

And the addition of "There are places I remember all my life..." to the beginning of Stuck is really appropriate.
smile.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Bad + Norweigan Wood
With or Without You + Shine Like Stars (which song is this again? Is it Joy Division?)

Great stuff
smile.gif

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Dorian Gray.. "Shine Like Stars" is actually not from another song, it's pure original Bono. Much like the "see us coming lord" lines from One. I agree, they are brilliant. So glad to finally hear them live in Hamilton last month, it was almost surreal.

Joy Division does do "Love Will Tear us apart" which has fit quite lovelyly onto WOWY

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 11-14-2001).]

Personal favourite is Bad + Candle and the Wind + Fool to Cry + The First Time, from Zoo Europa bootleg, can?t get better than that.

Also on Irving Plaza and the Brit Awards, when Bono added a snippet of Walk On into One...they still hadn?t played Walk On live at that time, and I think it sounded really good.

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

Back
Top Bottom