Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2STEVE70

Babyface
I'm driving to work this morning listening to BAD. I alway thought it was a good song ,but today it really hit me that it was a Great song. The WIDE AWAKE part gave me the chills. It is funny how a song will sometimes sneak up on you like that.

This is so funny that you brought "Bad" up today.

My sister who works at an elementary school had the radio on during recess or something this afternoon and called me in tears saying that she had been moved by "Bad" just now on the radio.

She said she was so moved that she turned it up and told the children, "listen children, this is magic right here!"

HelloAngel said:

My sister who works at an elementary school had the radio on during recess or something this afternoon and called me in tears saying that she had been moved by "Bad" just now on the radio.

She said she was so moved that she turned it up and told the children, "listen children, this is magic right here!"

That's awesome.:up:

HelloAngel said:

She has got to be the greatest teacher on the planet:drool:

Truly an amazing song. I love to crank up the volume when I listen to Bad, and sing along at the top of my lungs.

I hardly listen to the album version anymore. It's Live Aid, baby... all the way!

"Holly came from Miami Fla..." :drool:

Techie2000 said:
Bad + 40 + Streets = Ecstasy
:yes:

My absolute favorite song, and it is VERY hard for me to pick a favorite anything. I love how it builds to those perfect moments of emotion at the end. It usually moves me to tears as well.

AWESOME SONG.......... One of the true classics. The Birmingham performance which appears on WAIA is fucking MINGBLOWING!!!!

It's in fact in the top 3 U2 songs and probably the best musically. I find something similar in MERCY.... I don't know why, maybe the changes in Bono's voice as the song goes, very emotional, chilling.....so perfect.

Shaun Vox didn't say he wanted a recreation of that song (though god knows they've done that a few times---you know the ones), he said he wanted one as good. There's something to that, whether you agree or not.

Bad was one of those u2 songs that hit me like a ton of bricks the first time I even listened to it. It has continued to be my absolute favorite U2 song through all the new stuff, especially live and played right before streets. Talk about bringing ya to your knees!

Back
Top Bottom