B-sides that should have been on albums.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What are some B-sides you think should have been included on the albums?

I definitely think Fast Cars should have been on all versions of HTDAAB. Not as the last song though. Maybe after ABOY. It keeps the acoustic/rock flavor going into AMAAW :)

I also think Mercy should habe been on the same album. A good place for it would have been after One Step Closer IMO. It would have been one of the best songs on the album too.

I also think Stateless deserves to be on an album. I'm not gonna say it should have been on ATYCLB, but on an album. It's a great song!

Salome should have been on Achtung Baby! Maybe after Mysterious Ways. Yeeaahh...

It's not a b-side, but I wish Smile was more developed and put on HTDAAB as well. I just love that song for what it is.

there are songs like A Celebration, Stateless and HMTMKMKM that should have been on an album, but they aren't B-sides.

Possibly the JT b-sides could have been added to JT rather easily, but I wouldn't subtract any of the album tracks as they are.

and HTDAAB has a load of non-B sides that could have easily gone onto that album.

I struggle to think of any other glaring omissions. I said on the album forum that ATYCLB should have been a double album, as it is, the B-sides released weren't that much better to make a great argument. Levitate should be on the album, but it's not a B-side either.

the worst album song selection by U2 is clearly their last album.
Other than that, it's just minor gripes and tidbits.

lastly, it wouldn't surprise me if U2 are done with Mercy. It's lyrics are in the HTDAAB book and Bono described it as "the best B-sdie you ever heard". Which might lead one to think, it is done.

To be honest, i'm not quite sure how it would have fitted onto any U2 album, but 'Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad', just because it's so fabulous.

Irishteen said:
It should be the headline track of the new album.

Mercy sounds like one of the best album openers of an album yet to be released. :drool:

If you squeeze Levitate on Pop, you will find a perfect fit.

Spanish Eyes on The Joshua Tree, A Celebration on War, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me on Pop, and Electrical Storm (b-side version) on How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

the tourist said:
Spanish Eyes on The Joshua Tree, A Celebration on War, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me on Pop, and Electrical Storm (b-side version) on How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Yep they should have been on the albums, and hands that built america:drool:

Always and Summer Rain should have been on ATYCLB. Are you gonna Wait Forever would have been nice on HTDAAB, either as a 12th track, or to replace OSC.

11 song limit is bogus

I don't like U2's formula for 11 songs on an album (lately). Summer Rain is better than several of the songs that made ATYCLB, and it should have been on the album.

As for HTDAAB, Fast Cars is the most innovative song U2 have done in a while...plus it has the album title. Smile is very good, too, and it fits the album. I also think they are "done" with Mercy after reading "Bono In Conversation", as he refers to it as a track that didn't make the album and analyzes some lyric...just like the book does, too.

Specifically, I think this Tracklisting takes HTDAAB from Good to Great:

Vertigo
Mercy
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Love & Peace
All Because of You
City of Blinding Lights
Fast Cars
A man and a woman
Original of the Species
One Step Closer
Crumbs from your Table
Smile
Yahweh (hidden track maybe, or just list it)

For me personally, this tracklisting would justify what some critics have said about the Bomb...that it is the combination of all the sounds and directions that U2 have taken over the years, with the result being possibly their best collection of songs ever assembled.

3 sunrises should replace wire on UF.

A Celebration should have been added to October

Also add Summer Rain to ATYCLB

Fast Cars is still my favorite song off HTDAAB. I feel it should have at least been released as an independent single ala Electrical Storm, instead of being pushed to the bottom, or in some cases removed, from HTDAAB.

"You should worry about the day, that the pain it goes away; you know I miss mine sometimes.":drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom