Awesome U2 review!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kariatari

War Child
The following review was posted by a fan on the U2 board at rollingstone.com:

What can I say? That U2 were an experience that defines the written word? That the atmosphere was one of sheer jubilation? Or maybe just that if you missed them live, you missed one of the most joyous and inspiring events of the year.
...We were overwhelmed by their music and lifted by their feeling, and the world outside seemed a million miles away as we were carried into a land of passion and beauty.
U2 are striving for, and almost reaching, perfection. The audience had expected something special and what they got was an evening to treasure, an evening of such emotion that only those who with no heart or soul could have failed to be moved. It was obvious that Bono just couldn't quite believe the reaction -- he looked out with awe at the seething mass of people -- but he responded magnificently, rising to the occasion with the ease of one who believes implicitly in what he is doing. "What can I say but thank you?" murmured Bono, lost for words after a particularly rapturous response. I know exactly how he felt, because I felt the same way about them.

Why do I love U2? Because this article was written 21 years ago and it could have been written last year.

that is very cool indeed. i read it thinking that it had come from somewhere like www.u2tours.com .
great post!

------------------
itsyourworldyoucanchangeit

Originally posted by JimmyChicken:
"Bono, lost for words"

There was actually a time when that happened?

LOL! That was a really nice review!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

There are some smart folks on the Rolling Stone U2 board. I wish some of them would come over here more often (or indeed at all).

Unbelievable. I thought it was something from these days as well...Thanks for posting.

It reminds me of the book I?m currently reading, The Road to Pop, by Carter Alan, it covers very well their beginning in US and the amazing response from the american audiences in the early days.

Unreal...I thought they were describing NY or Miami from third leg....wow...what concert was this? any clue?

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Back
Top Bottom