Aussies: Three magazines with U2 out today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brownda7

War Child
G'day to all the aussies on the board,

Newsagency in the city today had THREE magazines with U2 on the cover and of course I bought them all.

UNCUT

Q

Rolling stone special U2 retrospective.
(all their articles 1980-2004) with the time mag photo on the cover

:wink:

NOTE:

Uncut and Q are air freight issues so only city and airports will probably have them and they're about $5 more than the shipped (sea) versions.

Last edited:
is UNCUT the legends vol 3 coz i have that one...
dont have the other two...better check down at the local newsagency

Remember guys they're air freight issues so the local newagents will not have them yet. (2 months or more away)

You need to go to airports or the capital cities.

(note to Kiwi's) Same applies in Auckland NZ, I found them today, but again, only airfreighted so get into the city or airport.

I haven't seen this sort of media overload of U2 since, well their last album I guess, but isn't it brilliant!! U2 still sells ay?!!!

Ballarat = GOLD?

Thats all I learnt at school 15 yrs ago

Get a friend in melbourne to buy them.

They're both NOVEMBER issues of Q and uncut for further clarification.

Check their web sites

Off to bed........................pharmacy exams to study for:wink:

Maybe there's more gold in Ballarat than I thought...

After all, two out of three ain't bad. According to Meatloaf, anyway.

I managed to pick up Rolling Stone and Uncut - dunno why they didn't have the airfreight if Q too, but I'll check back in a few days seeing as the Uncut one only came in today...

So Australians who don't live in cities or airports? Check at the newsagents you think most likely to have imports - even if you think, like I did, it was a bit improbable!

brownda7 said:

Rolling stone special U2 retrospective.
(all their articles 1980-2004) with the time mag photo on the cover

HOLD UP!!! Is this Rolling Stone issue only available in Austrailia or will it make it over to the States?! If it's not coming here I will send someone Blender in exchange for this! PLEASE PLEASE!

I'm not sure, starsgoblue. How would I go about checking this out for you, because I've got no problem picking up a copy and sending it to you if that's the case. :)

The Australian Rolling Stone is monthly, not fortnightly like in the US. Because of this we often have a funny mix of articles often from 2 or 3 different US Rolling Stone editions mixed with local Australian articles. You can also buy the US Rolling Stone here in some places. I don't know whether the above one is a new US one, or a new Australian one (I haven't seen it yet). If it's a new Australian one you might find that it's got stuff in it that will be in a future US edition.

Sorry don't have a scanner. But I'll give you the gist.

Cover is the time mag photo from arizona 1987.

Nothing new in the mag, it has reprints of every U2 story ever published with all the photos 1981-2004 plus all the reviews.

Different quality paper from normal rolling stone paper (better) and its a little smaller in size.

$9.95 A

If someone wants to find out if it's available overseas? [because yes, I am just that lazy - no, actually, really busy atm :)]

If it's not and people would like to get their hands on copies of it, email me at nerdlove@tpg.com.au and we'll organise either cost and postage, or something in exchange. :)

Okay, I've done some looking around online and unless I'm looking for the wrong thing :eyebrow: [which I doubt, because I'd *like* to think I'm rather proficient when it comes to using a search engine!] I can't seem to find any mention of it being available elsewhere... has anyone else found mention?

also, zoology, I will email you.

[my email nerdlove@tpg.com.au]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom