Aussies- anyone heard Electrical Storm on radio???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I am hearing all these people in here state that they have heard the radio version on their radio and I have not heard it on any of my local or Brisbane stations and have not heard of it even on the Js, but have any of you from other parts of Australia????

I was listening to triple M and J here in Melbourne since 4am, but no signs as of yet.I have mailed Triple M from all my free email accounts(roughly 15), but as of now none have replied. by the looks of it, they wouldn't have clue mate!:lmao:

this sucks, I rekon the Js might play it first- they are usually pretty good at playing U2 and they usually play stuff before the commercial stations catch on, but hey maybe the single has not been given to any stations in the sounther hemisphere, maybe they are treating us the same way they did with the Elevation tour:(

didnt u see my post from yesterday further down the page?
MMM played it here in Sydney yesterday at 5pm, but its the first demo version. I dont know if they've played this other version today.

Im so confused...:huh:

Nope not as yet.

However I have created an Email address with the sender name of "U2 Oracle", and I've been sending snippets of information about Electrical Storm to the local radio station.

Apparently this has got them talking about about it. So I'm going to keep sending them small snippets of information to fuel their enthusiasm.

Not yet

but of all things, the people form my favourite radio station(ABC?2NR) are doing an outdoor broadcast at the Festival of the River (the Clarence) I often ring the station mangager...about this and that, my not so humble opinion usually:DSo I am really looking forward to meeting him in person today. he usually refers to me as "Pamela from the Clarence" ( I love it!!! Clarence Hotel.)
They play "sweetest thing" regularly, but this man needs to be informed about the latest U2 goings on. doesn't he?
Actaully i have just made another u2 conncetion . His name is Martin Corbijn (however it's spelt) teehee, just noticed that.

Better get my skates on, they need ed-ju-katin'' bout u2.

PS: 10/10 for ishkash's masterful use of the Aussie vernacular. You had best stay in Victoria ishkash, if you don't want it to get worse. I had a Victorian tell me once in all seriousness, the further north you travel in Australia the more the use of the English language deteriorates...
'struth ya drongo, which charm school did you graduate from?"

oohhh oh the sweetest thing

I:heart: U2

Mission Impossible?when you get as nervous as I do...maybe

well, Martin proved to be as delightful as I suspected he may be:heart:
but in my haste and my nervousness and my general awe...awwwwwwwwww:laugh:
I only got the bit out about how he should look deeper into the social issues and I :heart: his radio station and he should have lucnh at Murnie's and.... here can you play this on your radio station?
I gave him a copy of the new Airborne Blues Virus CD. I was so nervous I rushed off ,forgot my digital camera and also to tell him anything about U2, What a school girl:wink:
But on the drive home I had the car radio on and YAY!! :up: he gave the album a good plug, played the title track and said he'll play more of it in the future. Fingers crossed.
U2 don't need my help, but Airborne do.
I have to email him the band's bio, so I'l add a plug for U2 at the end of that......lol
up there for thinking
down there for :dance:

I:heart: U2 ...and Airborne Blues Virus

Back
Top Bottom