audience confusion = :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
I know what you mean!! Because at the Oct. 25th MSG show also during Bad:

The audience: Singing 40

whilst...

Bono: singing "Everbody Hurts" by REM.

I was singing 40, but my friend said Bono was belting the REM tune out. I did not know this until after the concert.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

One of my fav Bono/audience collaborations is off the Paris 18/07 elevation show during WOWY...the audience (who were awesome all the way thro the show from the sound of it) done the "WOOOAAHHH OAAAH OAAHH" bits while Bono sang the extra "Shine like stars" verse over the top.

I envy anyone who was at that show!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Tanya

Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

Originally posted by Bonovation:
One of my fav Bono/audience collaborations is off the Paris 18/07 elevation show during WOWY...the audience (who were awesome all the way thro the show from the sound of it) done the "WOOOAAHHH OAAAH OAAHH" bits while Bono sang the extra "Shine like stars" verse over the top.

biggrin.gif

I envy anyone who was at a show where Bono sang that "shine like stars..." part.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Bonovation:

biggrin.gif

Same thing happened in Jersey 10/28. It was magical!!

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

After hearing live versions of "40", I was dying for a chance to be able to sing it with the audience at a show. When that moment happened last year in Detroit, that was one of the coolest things in the world...but everybody around me stopped singing really soon. I didn't want to look stupid by being the only one singing, but I didn't want to stop. I kept singing loudly, and the people around me joined back in...we kept on singin'...it was great!

------------------
BC's Dad: "Bono's parents should have named him Huey...Huey Hewson."

Bonochick's Place

10-24-01 MSG

The end of Bad - Bono starts 40.

50% audience follows: "How long to sing this song"

50% audience continues with: "so soon I can fade away ay ay..."

It sounds like a medley and it sounds...

Beautiful.

That's pretty funny how people chose to sing different parts and sounds like it's split down the middle.

------------------
?....we?re being thrown out of the studio, we spent 10 minutes writing this next song, 10 minutes recording it, 10 minutes mixing it, 10 minutes playing it back and that?s nothing to do with why it?s called ?40??.? ? Bono - 4/29/87, Chicago, IL

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 04-23-2002).]

I love the way Bono leads us into singing something and then he sings something else on top of it, like a choir with a lead singer. It's not always even the same song but he somehow makes it fit very well together.

Like in Stay there is this ohh ohh part and also in Pride, it's sounds really cool if the audience keeps singing and back ups Bono.

This was another version of it, Audience doing both parts.
smile.gif
Would love to hear what it sounds like!

Back
Top Bottom