ATYCLB is an awesome record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
J_NP said:

Mate U probably ignored my post above , but that's all right

in your original post you said this...

Or would the problem to be the fact Vertigo never had an US identity ? Never went like , Oh US this is for you , Love us please ...

Can you not see how that would be offensive? That you assume US audiences would only like the shows if U2 specifically pandered to them?

Chizip said:

Personally, I think its more ridiculous, and offensive, for J_NP to say the only reason Americans prefer the Elevation Tour over the Veritgo Tour was because the Vertigo Tour didn't shower us with love and pander to the US like the Elevation Tour did :huh:

And Again when Exactly I made this statement ??? :|

I only made a question if non americans here preferred Elevation , is offensive to say that I think for some reasons American people tend to remember better Elevation ???

So If I said I preferred The Rio de Janeiro Version of Walk On Video , Which I do , And if U come to me and said I only likely preferred it , was because I was brazilian ? Should I take this as a offense or personally ?

Chizip said:

Can you not see how that would be offensive? That you assume US audiences would only like the shows if U2 specifically pandered to them?

Mate and again u're putting words in my mouth ......... All I tried to say , since that was not understood , is that something natural , that in my view American audiences between 2 similar tours , with 2 indoor legs , had a tendence to like more The elevation one , And still this is supposed to be offensive , and VERY offensive ...

Honestly This got me tired , after some bad news regarding grades and

This painting of me as A US HATER ........ :| :tsk:

Not worth anymore putting out that list of details

yeah... lets drop this like Bad habit .......

Beautiful Day is the best pop song of the decade.

For the ones who were geniunely interested in what I had to say , instead of tryin to put words in mouth or paintin me as

A happy ugly burner of red/blue and white flag

Here it is :

ht tp://ww w. .com/files/329666

And if u have comments

mr.nildo@gmail.com

Much better for the sake of the thread

It's amazing except New York. New York sucks. But the rest of it is brilliant. Actually the first 6 tracks are among their most brilliant work, the last 5 aren't as good, but still good stuff. Except New York.

2861U2 said:
Wow, I'm shocked to see people say that the Elevation Tour wasn't that good. I think it JUST edges out ZooTV for their best tour!

You must be jokig mate? I liked elevation but Zoo Tv was the best conecart I've ever seen by anybody, not just U2, and I've been to a lot of concerts.

Alisaura said:
. I figure the fault lies with me, not the album.

I agree with your whole post. But that comment is one of the best things I've ever seen posted here. You rock.
Ninety-five percent of the time, when I don't like something U2 does, even if I don't like it for years on end, it turns out that the fault was with me. I didn't like Zooropa when it came out; I was ambivalent about Pop; I was disappointed in ATYCLB. Now I love them all. Just to name the easy examples.
After a long time I finally figured out that I owe it to the band, and to myself, to assume that the fault is with me if I don't like something, until time and repeated listening and new perspectives make me conclude that the boys really messed up.
:up: Alisaura

LemonMacPhisto said:
yeah... lets drop this like Bad habit .......

Beautiful Day is the best pop song of the decade.

Mmmm a tad over the top, although there has been plenty of shit music in this decade so I suppose it can't be that far off. Beautiful Day is not even in the top 50 U2 songs in my opinion. Everything off Achtung Baby absolutely trounces it and Pop and Zooropa, although maybe the Johnny Cash song The Wanderer is not as good as Beautiful Day but its a close call.

I am well pleased you are able to use the word "trounces"
adds a wee bit of 'je ne sais quoi' to the complete and utter rubbish that you post

ATYCLB is a good EP in my opinion; I like Peace On Earth and When I Look At the World once in awhile, but I usually stop listening after In A Little While. In fact, the first six tracks are all I have from it on my iPod, aside from B sides.

I have more appreciation for ATYCLB now than I originally did. When I first listened to it, apart from the obvious standout tracks, it just seemed very MOR for a U2 album to me. I still think that, but I've a little more appreciation for some of the tracks than I first did.

HTDAAB was different though. As soon as I heard it, second time through, I played it non stop. It had a lot more of that 'Edge' guitar sound to it that I've loved since I was a kid. I can still listen to the album, but these days I will skip one or two tracks, which I didn't do when it first came out.

If I was asked to choose between ATYCLB and HTDAAB to sit through all the way through, non stop, I would choose HTDAAB without doubt. You could probably make one killer album out of tracks from both albums.

It will be interesting to see what U2 comes up with next. In regards to musical style, there was not a great deal of progression from ATYCLB to HTDAAB, and going on WITS, I'd probably say we won't see a complete re-invention this time around either. We could be waiting a while because if U2 were planning to record the new album with Rick Rubin, he's booked to start recording with Metallica on their new album in the new year.

Had to listen to this record last night and well, New York finally hit me big time! Dam, how long has this album been out! When I look at the world god I love this song very underrated. Apart from the chopping down and using the trees on our enemies
I love the rest of POE. There is not one song that I skip. Finally this record has finished paying the rent and has become one of the family.
:bow:

Although I still don't like the album all the much, within the last few months I've come to really appreciate how good Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of is. Maybe it's just cos I'm a big fan of Original of the Species and Window In The Skies, but for me this song stands out a mile. Everything else I can take or leave, but it's interesting to view it as part of U2's evolution and it shows the beauty of their music that there can be such varied opinions on this board about it.

They're both great albums by mortal standards, hoever by U2 standards they dont come close to Achtung Baby, Joshua tree or TUF. I love both albums but they lack so much compared to the aforementioned 3. However thay are both still in my top 10 albums of this century.

Back
Top Bottom