ATYCLB certified 5X Platinum in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well its about time! Been waiting almost 9 months for this certification. On a per capita basis, Canada is 50% ahead of the USA in the buying of ATYCLB.

I was just thinking the same thing STING!
i.e. about time!
biggrin.gif

At least we know Canadians have taste! Ofcourse.....it must havve something to do with their French background
biggrin.gif

Bless ya!
WHYWHY

eek.gif
I hope I didn't embarrass myself there for saying something stupid
biggrin.gif
!

[This message has been edited by WHYWHY (edited 02-08-2002).]

Originally posted by WHYWHY:
At least we know Canadians have taste! Ofcourse.....it must havve something to do with their French background
biggrin.gif

Bless ya!
WHYWHY

eek.gif
I hope I didn't embarrass myself there for saying something stupid
biggrin.gif
!

WHYWHY, you didn't say anything stupid, but Quebec is the only province where we have a large French population. About 75% of the province is french speaking and Quebec represent about 25% of Canada's 30 mill population.

Anyways. This news rocks! It's great to see that U2 is so big here. But why is there such a huge disproportion with the US' sales? Is it because we don't have such a huge hip hop market? Anyone have any ideas?

In general, Canada has been a stronger supporter of bands from Ireland and the UK, with the Police being another notable example. On a per capita basis, the Police sold twice as many albums in Canada than the USA. Also, sales of Joshua Tree in Canada, are double that of the USA on per capita basis. Perhaps less hip hop, less Country music, and more interest in Rock music is apart of this trend as well.

Originally posted by STING2:
In general, Canada has been a stronger supporter of bands from Ireland and the UK, with the Police being another notable example. On a per capita basis, the Police sold twice as many albums in Canada than the USA. Also, sales of Joshua Tree in Canada, are double that of the USA on per capita basis. Perhaps less hip hop, less Country music, and more interest in Rock music is apart of this trend as well.

STING

So sales of JT are 2 million (at least ) in Canada ? That is great !! I knew Achtung had hit 1 million in Canada (great performance - better than the UK - around -1.3 miliomn) but I dsidn't know JT had reached double diammond ???

Mike

Back
Top Bottom