ATYCLB Airport Colapses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i do believe the airport wasn't officialy opened at the time the shots were taken... they were still building it. correct me if i'm wrong

Actually, the photo's for ATYCLB (and the video shoot) took place in terminal 2F, the 'twin brother' of terminal 2E, which is the one that collapsed yesterday. Terminal 2F opened earlier (and hopefully will not collapse soon).

:(

Marty

Maybe they'll find it buried in the wreckage and it'll turn out to have all been a big publicity stunt for the new album...

The Sage said:
Maybe they'll find it buried in the wreckage and it'll turn out to have all been a big publicity stunt for the new album...

You sick motherfucker. :no:

That's shitty taste. People died. Don't fuck around.

DaveC said:

You sick motherfucker. :no:

That's shitty taste. People died. Don't fuck around.

oy, calm down, the 'publicity stunt' would have course not have involved the people dying...maybe it was slightly bad taste but I feel as sorry as anyone else for those who died and the families, and I was just trying to lighten things up a bit, make people feel a bit better....I posted it seconds before, you could have just told me you found it insensitive and id have deleted it. its not worthy of those insults.

People are constantly dying in tragedies everywhere due to the messed up nature of the world we live in. If you're going to flare up at me like that about this you're obviously too sensitive to face the real world.

Sorry The Sage, but to imply U2 would ever have anything to do with such a thing as saying people died, even in jest, for publicity just doesn't lighten things up. :down: It actually made me cringe. That was an insult to everything U2 stands for. and it doesn't have anything to do with the real world or being too sensitive. Trying to stop people from dying senselessly is what Bono is all about. Even though I don't really think you meant it that way, it was still a poor choice of word's for such a terribly sad and tragic event.

Edited to say: There were other poor choices of words used too. It's just that, there are very intense passions on these forums for all the good works that are accomplished by the band. :heart:

Last edited:
We live at the mercy of architects every day. If they make even one mistake, things like this happen. That's kinda scary. Sympathies to all involved. :(

It wasn't the architect's fault as far as i've heard, the construction was rushed by the French government as they were desperate for the De Gaulle airport to overtake Heathrow as Europe's busiest airport... :tsk:

I agree with Sage. Sounds like the powers that be were more interested in having the ribbon cutting ceremony as soon as possible rather than waiting until the building was actually completed and safe.

This sort of thing goes on all the time.

I was actually surprised at the lack of media coverage we got about this here. Maybe I just didn't watch or read the right things ... but I read The Australian newspaper the day after and there was only a tiny little side note about it - "The roof at the Charles de Gualle airport in Paris collapsed, killing 6 people." I would've thought it deserved a bit more attention than that.

:hug: Hope and courage for all those who lost loved ones.

Popmartijn said:

Actually, the photo's for ATYCLB (and the video shoot) took place in terminal 2F, the 'twin brother' of terminal 2E, which is the one that collapsed yesterday. Terminal 2F opened earlier (and hopefully will not collapse soon).

:(

Marty

Indeed!

I believe there are THREE terminals..all split up into different sections (E, F, etc.).

The oldest one (Terminal 1 built in 1974) is truly an amazing building if you ever get the chance to see it. A true architectual gem.

BluberryPoptart said:
and the Joshua Tree fell over. :eyebrow:

what? seriously? I think this may be old news but i was never told :mad: ! My U2 fan teacher was going to see the tree this summer! :sad:

ARGHHH1 I WANNA SEE THE TREE WHEN IM OLDER :sad: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom