ATYCLB #26 for the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Billboard just released its annual rankings of top selling albums. These rankings come from SoundScan (albums sold to consumers) not from RIAA certifications (albums shipped/sold to stores).

ATYCLB was ranked #26 for the year. The album has sold about 3.2 million copies so far, with 1.8 million of these coming this year. The fact that ATYCLB was able to sell a million plus copies in both 2000 and 2001 and the fact that it is still ranked in the Top 50 almost 60 weeks after its released proves how solid the album is.

Congratulations to U2 on their success!

OOPS! LOL I meant to hit the thumbs-UP icon, not thumbs-down. Sorry!
biggrin.gif

The Billboard uses a first billboard issue ending in December 2000 to the last issue ending in November 2001 chart year. Only the first two weeks got cut off, but thats still 605,000 copies not included in ATYCLB USA total. The last week counted in 2001 was ATYCLB's week 54. So U2s sales during those 52 weeks were around 2,400,000! If the first two weeks had been included, ATYCLB would have cracked the top 20 or top 15. WORLDWIDE, the album is easily in the top 5 with the only album clearly ahead of it by several million being the Beatles 1 which has sold over 20 million worldwide.

That's really awesome!

If there was any doubt about this album being one of the greatest of all time I think this statistic will put those to rest.

Thanks for the info...now I can brag about it to all my friends. And maybe get them to go and buy it!

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light
Create Unity
Create Joy
CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom