ATUCLB may be close to being their last album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Just a funny feeling I have............

I know Im reading into it early, but to me they are three-quarters way round the circle...............

They have been there with rock, electronic rock, and now its very soft.........Bono might see nuthin else now........I dunno.............

I guess Im also worried bout his behaviour at concerts now.....ya know pple saying he forgets his words now
frown.gif

are you on drugs man!?!?!?

They just said that wanted to record a new album very soon. Also Bono has ALWAYS forgotten words to songs, that doesn't mean a thing.

I see a couple more in their future.

I think they have alot of albums left in them. I think they will continue to make music for a long time because they seem to enjoy what they are doing and actually like to be around each other. They may retire from touring eventully but I think they will continue to make albums.

I'd just like to say that the last album rumors started during the Joshua Tree Tour. That was 14 years ago. U2 will go on and on and on!

Originally posted by mad1:
I was NOT intending to start abuse ya know!

[/B]

Well, you just have.....BEAL takes off his whippin belt..
wink.gif

I think U2 have plenty left in them. They have said in recent interviews that there is still a lot of stuff they haven't done, and want to do.

------------------
GOD SMOD, I WANT MY MONKEY MAN!

Originally posted by Blue Room:
...They may retire from touring eventully but I think they will continue to make albums.

Nothing wrong with that!

The Beatles stopped touring to make albums, and only albums. As they put it, they were becoming 'artists' . Not to mention the stuff they conjured up at the end of their stint would be real hard to play live...either way, U2 already went through that, it was called Popmart, but I think they pulled it off pretty well.

yes u2 has don alot but their new goal is to make that perfect album so they wont stop till they make one.and they feel like they are more burning up.alot of unfinished work.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

OUCH! U &$)&*$), now I wont be able to sit down for a week
biggrin.gif

Ok Beal, dont know who u are, but forgive me?

BEAL FORGIVES NO ONE. So you may have guessed, I have a ton of vendettas.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm trying to recover from FUDD poisoning.

------------------
GOD SMOD, I WANT MY MONKEY MAN!

ouch, FUDD poisoning...I've had to deal with that...the only way to get rid of it is to get you a dose of that Wascally Wabbit...

;-)

Originally posted by BEAL:
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm trying to recover from FUDD poisoning.

WELL FINE BEAL!!!!!!

I really dont care if u dont forgive me, but I just got concerned over an interview they gave at Christmas over here, ok?

Theres no need to hold it against me!

*rolls her eyes*

goddamn Im ready for a fisty!
biggrin.gif

WELL FINE BEAL!!!!!!

I really dont care if u dont forgive me, but I just got concerned over an interview they gave at Christmas over here, ok?

Theres no need to hold it against me!

*rolls her eyes*

biggrin.gif

Eh, don't hold it against BEAL. He's just upset because his family made him remove that intravenous Fudd line that he had in him for the past few years. It's just as well, it was getting kinda nasty.

Originally posted by Surge:
The Beatles stopped touring to make albums, and only albums. As they put it, they were becoming 'artists' . Not to mention the stuff they conjured up at the end of their stint would be real hard to play live...either way, U2 already went through that, it was called Popmart, but I think they pulled it off pretty well.

LOL

Just to throw out a new thought... I suspect U2 will keep saying they've got tons of material left in them. Then they'll just turn around and decide it's the end. It will probably surprise them as much as it will surprise us.

I agree with Blue Room.

We'll eventually have to part with extended tours, but still have the albums.

WELL FINE BEAL!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

I would destroy you!

------------------
HELMET Before you die, there is something you
should know about us, Lone Starr.

LONE STARR What?

HELMET I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former room-mate.

LONE STARR What's that make us?

HELMET Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

deference between pop and all this blah-blah-blah behind is that pop is a great record since jt , atclb is NOT , pop is a screamy live- rebbel record and altclb IS NOT
anyway pop is greater tham u2's last album
bono voice & hair began to dissapear
frown.gif

never mind it';s just my " after show "
depression

Originally posted by u2zed:
LOL

Just to throw out a new thought... I suspect U2 will keep saying they've got tons of material left in them. Then they'll just turn around and decide it's the end. It will probably surprise them as much as it will surprise us.

You may be right. They just might do a roundabout anytime, and tell us its over.
But they could also go on, and on, and on, defying critics, time, law & gravity, and all our assumptions that all bands die a natural death.

yeah, i agree. as they get older, they may find that they can't do this...or that they just don't *want* to! there'd be nothing wrong with just doing albums. not every artist wants to be 60+ and still doing tours...(and yeah i know, U2 aren't even near their 50's yet, i'm just saying.)

------------------
have a nice day! ;)
-------
"are you serious? do you really care what peanut butter i prefer? are you in peanut butter marketing or something?"
khanada.net

haha thats crazy!! I predict that U2 will come out with an album called how to dismental an atomic bomb in 2004 and sometime in 2008 or 2009 they will release a very different and cool sounding album that will be written in moroco and fez! and then maybe after that in 2012 they release a final album!

dabiggestu2fan said:
haha thats crazy!! I predict that U2 will come out with an album called how to dismental an atomic bomb in 2004 and sometime in 2008 or 2009 they will release a very different and cool sounding album that will be written in moroco and fez! and then maybe after that in 2012 they release a final album!

:lol: What kind of crazy talk is this you're speaking?

Oh my, I cannot believe some of the comments in this thread. :banghead:. U2 are not that old, really, this age is nothing in the music industry, and in rock music especially. As long as they are healthy and still want to be together as a band, I don't see why they should call it quits. I mean what are they alternatives? Solo projects ... I don't know, they have always had side projects and continue to do so, but I don't see them NOT doing music at all, that's ridiculous. I understand that there are some personal fears by people, but they really shouldn't be projected onto the band. I believe they have much left in them and I am, for my part, curious to see where they are going next.
With Bono's new improved voice it would make sense that they did a more stripped down album, but we'll see.

About touring, I agree, they will stop making big tours, out of several reasons, but mainly - I HOPE - because they don't want to become the Rolling Stones. THAT is my only real nightmare, much more than a total end of touring. They will still perform live, because they are a live band more than a studio band, but not on such a large scale anymore.

The Beatles stopped touring for a few reasons like they could not hear themselves above screaming (1966), security eg. a bullet hole was found behind where Paul stood at a live concert & they were nearly lynched in The Phillipines. Also the 5th Beatle their manager died.

No way dude!
They've still got at least 3 albums left in them!
At least I hope, ive only seen one tour :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom