atu2.com has a report on Hall of fame: what they played

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
NEW @U2 BOYS IN THE HALL
March 15, 2005
posted by: m2
&eiU2 were one of a handful of artists inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Monday night at New York's Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. Bruce Springsteen had the honors of inducting U2 and gave a well-received speech praising U2 for staying at the "top of their game" throughout the band's 25-year career.

U2 performed a 4-song set after being inducted:

1) Until the End of the World (Bono went into the audience and sprayed champagne)
2) Pride
3) I Still Haven't Found... (Bruce played guitar and shared lead vocals)
4) Vertigo

:up:

U2@NYC said:
Bono needs an urgent haircut :)

The wife seconds that motion. We are very close to mullet land, or sad rock star hair. I am currently much more interested in the trade defecit between the US and the European Union.

He's needed it for years now - ATYCLB promo/BD video/ES video haircut was perfect IMO.

Bono's hair seems fine to me. It's definitely not a mullet. It's more like The Fly, only with about six months of growth.

UTEOTW is one of U2's best live songs, hands down. I hope it's still as good as it has been in the past.

Other songs are not as good as they used to be, live. Should they drop this song that still sounds great in favor of say, Pride or Sunday Bloody Sunday which sound extremely tuned down and down tempoed? I say hell no, UTEOTW is one of the very last remnants of ZooTv for goodness sakes.

I'll give them 3 out of 4 stars on the Rock Hall setlist, even though I think post 1990, Pride has been pretty poor. I still think it's a staple of theirs and I do respect that song quite a bit. Vertigo, I could have done without, but overall, that's a pretty cool 4 song set. It was certainly never going to please everybody. Really surprised Streets and I Will Follow werent played.

The songs played are a little surprising to me. I figured they probably would have done Where The Streets Have No Name, I Will Follow, Beautiful Day, and Vertigo. I guess maybe that's the opening statement from a band ready to surprise the world with songs they'll play on their tour? Maybe.... It would have been nice to see them play some vintage song like Two Hearts Beat As One or A Celebration....

That setlist is surprising

I would have bet on Beautiful Day being on there. I also didn't expect 4 songs...I figured 2, 3 tops.

the tourist said:
Bono's hair seems fine to me. It's definitely not a mullet. It's more like The Fly, only with about six months of growth.

:no: ....although one picture reminded me of his hair during the JT tour.

U2girl said:
He's needed it for years now - ATYCLB promo/BD video/ES video haircut was perfect IMO.

I completely agree. I don't usually "obsess" over Bono's looks, but... Damn, I really loved that cut. It's a shame he let it grow into the Elevation shag... thing. LOL

[/hair talk] ;)

Last edited:
U2 fans will whine about anything ...

Though let me just say one thing: BRING BACK THE MULLET!

Back
Top Bottom