ATTN Tennis Fans - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2002, 07:46 PM   #21
MacPhisto's serving wench

Local Time: 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:

Just imagine:

"Andre and Steffi separate because of dispute over child's backhand!"

*lol* I can see them fighting now...
Steffi: "Look kid. WHo's advice do you want? They always said I had the best backhand in the world. You're really going to listen to your father?"
Agassi: "Don't listen to her kid. I've been around longer. I didn't retire early because I was scared of Monica's comeback!"

Old 01-16-2002, 11:21 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Hey, come and chat at the ESPN chats or the Australian Open Web site chats, or boards, its fun. I go to Wimbledon, U.S. Open, Indian Wells, and Key Biscayne almost every year. Don't ever count Safin out, and my God he's a hansome man. Pete's losing his hair! Krajicek will be back hopefully by Indian Wells, he hurt his elbow at the U.S. Open 2000 and hasn't played since. There's a lot of web sites on all these players, and they even chat on them. Forgot to add, Pete is one of the nicest people in the world. And you should see these guys in their Armani and Versace at night when they go out to dinner! Then they go to the hotel bars and play pool. Todd Martin is so good at pool he even has his own cue. Even Kafelnikov who is known for being cranky, is so sweet to people. He has a little girl and a wife, which a lot of people don't know, and when he practices his little girl sits there with him, then he takes her hand and walks with her all over. Rafter is also one of the nicest, if not the nicest, of all the players, and Krajicek.

One last thing, take a look at Taylor Dent. He has one of the most incredible serves, and he volleys...men who volley are awesome. Pete can take this puppy home if he wants it bad enough.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 01-16-2002).]

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 01-16-2002).]

Old 01-16-2002, 11:24 PM   #23
New Yorker

bye bye A-Rod

retired while playing Lubijic (sp?)
Old 01-17-2002, 06:37 PM   #24
Ody
Refugee

Local Time: 10:06 AM
Sampras....sorry but I am being honest.
Henman
Did Haas lose yet? If not...Haas.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:02 PM   #25
The Fly

Goran Ivanisevic
Old 01-17-2002, 09:08 PM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 07:06 PM
Goran's well gone
Old 01-21-2002, 04:18 AM   #27
The Fly

Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeSt:

Best ever was Stefan Edberg!!!

no one ever better than Stefan!
Oh yep
Oh yep
I was a huge Stefan's fan!!!!!!!! serve&volley king everrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

------------------
don't believe what you hear
don't believe what you see
Old 01-21-2002, 07:28 AM   #28
New Yorker

Of the players mentioned here, only Haas is left...Safin just beat Sampras 7-6 in the 4th
Old 01-21-2002, 12:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally posted by U2live:
Hey, come and chat at the ESPN chats or the Australian Open Web site chats, or boards, its fun. I go to Wimbledon, U.S. Open, Indian Wells, and Key Biscayne almost every year. Don't ever count Safin out, and my God he's a hansome man. Pete's losing his hair! Krajicek will be back hopefully by Indian Wells, he hurt his elbow at the U.S. Open 2000 and hasn't played since. There's a lot of web sites on all these players, and they even chat on them. Forgot to add, Pete is one of the nicest people in the world. And you should see these guys in their Armani and Versace at night when they go out to dinner! Then they go to the hotel bars and play pool. Todd Martin is so good at pool he even has his own cue. Even Kafelnikov who is known for being cranky, is so sweet to people. He has a little girl and a wife, which a lot of people don't know, and when he practices his little girl sits there with him, then he takes her hand and walks with her all over. Rafter is also one of the nicest, if not the nicest, of all the players, and Krajicek.

One last thing, take a look at Taylor Dent. He has one of the most incredible serves, and he volleys...men who volley are awesome. Pete can take this puppy home if he wants it bad enough.

Sounds like you've MET them...esp Rafter (my FAVOUITE). Where? How? I want details!

So what's the deal w/ all the mens seeds down? I don't understand.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:35 PM   #30
The Fly

all the time at the tournaments, players are totally accessible. Safin just spun Pete around like a wind-up toy today, go Marat! I have a Rafter story to show how sweet he is. When he was #1 he was in the hotel gift shop buying very healthful snacks, yogurt bars, and stuff, and he said "please put these on my room." and the sr. citizen clerk said, "what's your name?" (lol right there), and he said "Rafter Room #" (which I already knew I was 2 doors from him), and she said "Rifton?" He said again, "Rafter." Then she said, "spell that for me." He spelled it. She said back "Roftar." He ended up spelling it 3x. And he was never rude, he never said "listen I'm the #1 tennis player in the world and its a tennis tournament right here don't you know who i am." He was so sweet, and he just spelled it over and over, and never was the least bit annoyed. And I thought us nobody's would probably have told her to take a hike after spelling our names once. Another tennis tidbit is Moya is Marat's best friend because Marat trained since the age of 13 in Spain with him. And at tournaments they hang out together all the time. And the players from Europe, Australia, South America, Russia have old fashioned, gentlemanly manners like we haven't seen in America since 1900. If you are way down the hall, they hold the elevator for you, they ask you what floor, they chat in the elevators, and they hold the door until you go out. When Moya was going to play for the title at Indian Wells and become #1, he held the door for me first putting all his tennis gear on the floor before he went on the court. Believe me the American players run out the door leaving it to bang on you. Except Pete. Another really nice one is Gambill, besides being hansome. In the restaurants they all say good morning to you, and Martina Hingis mother when they go, she smiles and says good morning to everyone. I just wish in America we could get those good manners back like they all have.

o i forgot, i think Marat is playing Rios next, don't miss that, altho Safin's serve can probably kick Rios all the way back home because he is only as tall as Michael Chang, and Safin is 6'5". But Rios can be a cranky, really kind of angry guy, altho when he's playing he flirts with women on the court, so does Goran, and Becker used to do that also. But another thing about Rios is he has green eyes, beautiful green, c if you can notice on tv. He's always been very nice, never had a problem with him ever, posed for pictures, etc. But I was with a nice woman who went up to him for an autograph, and he said "no, get out of my way." And she was just crushed and so embarassed.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 01-21-2002).]
Old 01-21-2002, 07:53 PM   #31

Wow U2live! Where did all this happen? That's amazing!

Rafter's my favouite. He's always so good natured on the court, what with his "sorry mate" and all.

I get to see the Canadian Open once a year here. Getting autographs is pretty impossible though, b/c sooo mnay people line up and only a few get them as they rush the players in and out so quickly. For some reason, we had more luck w/ women's autographs (Hingis, Novotna, Capriati (before her comeback) and Pierce--who was one of my fav players. In fact, Pierce walked right by me, but I yelled "Mary, sil vous plait!" in an all English crowd. She laughed and came back! It was amazing!)

It's too back Hewitt and Kuerten lost in the first rounds. I was rooting for them.

I never would have expected Safin adn co. to be nice. HE looks kinda scary.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:15 PM   #32
New Yorker

oi wanderer, i have about 15 minutes to talk so ud better get online

I think its out of Haas and Johansson for the title