ATTN: Help wanted! Interference.com U2 Newsfeed / U2News.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hi all...

We are currently looking for U2 news nuts, people that stay ON TOP of what's going on with U2, on the web, and can help submit news links, which will then appear on the Interference.com U2 Newsfeed, currently being run via U2News.com. This newsfeed also appears on close to 100 other U2 fansites!

The only skils required:
You love U2!
You love keeping tabs on U2 on the web!
You can remember a username and password (if youre on this forum.. I think you pre-qualify.. hehe)
You know how to CUT & PASTE!

Those that become active in helping will get full credit on the new Interference.com site (when launched) and will be part of 'Team Interference'. We need people in all time zones, the more the merrier.

Please apply directly to myself at:
elvis@interference.com

Please put 'U2 NEWS DESK' in the subject line of your email.

Thanks,

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

[This message has been edited by Elvis (edited 01-08-2002).]

ok people... I -KNOW- some more of you have plenty of time on your hands... this is NOT a hard thing to help out with, nor does it take tons of time.

Originally posted by mad1:
well I only know our newspaper has uptodate stuff and we of course get things first before rest of world, but then the rest of the world can find that update via net news, so loike.............

yes yes , I know, there was absolutely no sense in what I just said!!!!

wink.gif

uhm... this is strictly related to helping find u2 news on the web... like i said, its actually a pretty easy task. We have an Admin page setup, which links to several great news sources to assist in the search.

mmm, I get all my U2 news from this place

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 01-09-2002).]

i'd love to do it.
news gathering is a skill i need to improve upon given my career.
i'll email you when i get home from school elvis.

------------------
itsyourworldyoucanchangeit

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Elvis - won't it be hard to compete with Prarit's U2News site? I mean, Prarit, whom I've met and is a nice person, has that site clicking along. Might be a challenge, no?

A) This is not a new project.

B) Prarit copies and pastes everything and then litters other peoples intellectual property with ads and annoying popups.

C) the main purpose of this project is to provide a real-time comprehensive U2 news feed for U2 fan sites. Something we've already been doing for close to a year, but I'd like to improve.

------------------
-Elvis

Originally posted by Elvis:

B) Prarit copies and pastes everything and then litters other peoples intellectual property with ads and annoying popups.

Your right on there. His site used to have such a personal feel to it(kind of like this site
smile.gif
). Now it's just annoying. I just love how he gives his website credit for some of the rumors when you know he got it from somewhere else.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Hey elvis..

I just sent you an email applying for your news position..
smile.gif

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Hey Elvis..
I would love to help out!!! Count me in if you would like..I'm constantly searching the net for any news I can find on U2...and have the time to do it!...
You can email me at PhillipsA002@hawaii.rr.com

Let me know ok!

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Originally posted by Elvis:
A) This is not a new project.

C) the main purpose of this project is to provide a real-time comprehensive U2 news feed for U2 fan sites. Something we've already been doing for close to a year, but I'd like to improve.

I wanted to give this thread a bump to the top, to help you Elvis.

The only thing I fear is a "competition" between the two sites. I know there is some animosity already between the various U2 sites, and I'd hate to see more created.

I agree, Prarit's site has become a "cut and paste" scenario. Also, I was majorly turned off by Prarit's and his "assistant's" decision to not discuss a letter - placed on a petition board only for convenience - for U2 fans to sign regarding Bono's father. They accused the person who alerted them to this letter as doing nothing more than passing around a petition, which wasn't true. When that person tried to explain, Prarit's assistant became irrational and rude - she didn't even want to hear what the reasoning was. I don't like this type of moderation. Nonetheless, my respect for Prarit remains in tact (as he graciously explained the situation to me, even though I was not originally involved in the transgression).

Therefore, you have my full support behind this project, just as long as it doesn't start another U2 fan site "war." There are plenty of people here who are outstanding at finding U2 news on the 'net. So speak up people! This is a GOOD thing!

I remember that story doctorwho, it seems that they have a pattern...We had to beg to Prarit, Herbert from U2Guatemala and me, for him to post the news about the online petition we started for the tour to come to Latin America, but it didn?t work. Eventually Cindy, not him, attended our request.

I don?t like wars between fan sites as well but I?d rather check U2News and @U2 than youtwo.net. I translate the news to be sent to local lists and websites here and I usually prefer those sites. Now I?m helping Elvis whenever I can.

Originally posted by doctorwho:

I wanted to give this thread a bump to the top, to help you Elvis.

The only thing I fear is a "competition" between the two sites. I know there is some animosity already between the various U2 sites, and I'd hate to see more created.

Thanks doc
wink.gif

My only real response to this is... I've been doing this a very long time, u2 web stuff that is, and at times there has been rivalry between sites. In the past, everyone is guilty of something, but I have no interest in past rivalry or competition, myself and those involved in building the new Interference will have one goal - building the best possible U2 online community possible.

As some may know, at times I was ready to shutdown my sites, I was sick of all the in-fighting, I was very busy with other aspects of my life, and to be honest for awhile, yes, I was burnt out of U2. This isn't the case anymore, infact I'm more interested now in the continued growth of Interference than ever before.

So, back to competition and a 'war'... those are 2 things that I CAN LEAVE BEHIND.

------------------
-Elvis

Back
Top Bottom