Attention! Fan Reaction Article For "Vertigo"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Attention Interferencers:

I am currently working on a story about fan reactions to "Vertigo" much like the one we just published on Monday regarding fan reaction to the announcement of the album title.

Please reply below in this thread with your most well-worded quote-friendly responses to "Vertigo" (once it has premiered in its official form) and maybe I will use you in the story! Make sure to also let me know how I should identify you in the piece.

Thank you for your help!!

-Carrie

did anyone see the cover for the virtigo promo yet, it looks really great. supposedly the album covor is going to follow this style, really really cool if ya ask me... there is a link on atu2.com to it...i would post the acctualy link, but i need 15 posts to do it or something..oh well, still take a look:)

The cover is still currently a rumor since there has been some discussion about its validity given it uses the same font as the U2 Go Home DVD.

oh, i wish i had realized this, i did tihnk it reminded my alot of U2 Go Home when i first saw it, but i thought this jsut might be the direction they are going in for the new album...either way i like the cover alot !!hehe :)

Hey HelloAngel...

Where is the fan reaction article you wrote about the album title? I can't find it..but then I haven't looked hard...

a link?
thanks

only b/c I think you quoted me...

Teta040 said:
Hey HelloAngel...

Where is the fan reaction article you wrote about the album title? I can't find it..but then I haven't looked hard...

a link?
thanks

only b/c I think you quoted me...

You can find it on the main Interference site, or if you scroll up to the Content section of the forum. Here's the link: http://www.interference.com/stories/id96739.html

Holy Mackrel! Vertigo was amazing! All 10 seconds of it. I don't know what to say really. Its too short maybe. If there truly is a criticism, yes, it is too short. you can quote me on that. :wink:

I love Vertigo....Strained lyrics and sound - I think U2 has outdone themselves with the sound of crashing waves and Spanish men doing some sort of voice-over....It's so modern!!:wink:

HelloAngel said:
The cover is still currently a rumor since there has been some discussion about its validity given it uses the same font as the U2 Go Home DVD.

Well, the swedish site U2.se has listed Universal France as a source of confirming the cover...
That's the one!
At least the promo version...

"Tillägg: Universal i Frankrike har bekräftat uppgifterna. "

Which translates into something like:

"Addition: Universal in France has comfirmed the recieved information"

After hearing the 5sec, I have to say it sounds great. I was a bit disapointed when I first heard Beautiful Day, it is a good track but not as great as some U2 have done, but on hearing that clip this sounds far more exciting. Can't wait to hear the full version. Am I the only one that thinks this but is U2 still making the most exciting music around, bar no one. I mean I heard REM's new single and it just sounds bland compared to this clip we have!

not sure I like it

True, it's a short clip. But it seems like it will be a "bar chord" song, in the genre of Elevation and Hold Me Thrill Me. Not my favorite type of U2 song. I like Edge better when he's playing notes (Bad, Walk On, Red Hil Mining Town), using echo, etc.

The clip of "All Because of You" also seemed to be a "bar chord" song. But we'll see.

does any one think vertigo sounds a bit like elevation(worst song ever) i know u2 likes elevation and will put it on their next best off.. from the clip vertigo sounds a little better than elevation...
but lets hope when the full clip is out it blows elevation out off my head!!!!!!!!!!! (elevation also has the worst music video ever)

im scared that vertigo will suck:huh: :huh: and i want u2 to do good...... it just does not sound like a masterpiece...

right now THE FLY kicks Vertigos arss all over the place......

shaun vox said:
does any one think vertigo sounds a bit like elevation(worst song ever) i know u2 likes elevation and will put it on their next best off.. from the clip vertigo sounds a little better than elevation...
but lets hope when the full clip is out it blows elevation out off my head!!!!!!!!!!! (elevation also has the worst music video ever)

im scared that vertigo will suck:huh: :huh: and i want u2 to do good...... it just does not sound like a masterpiece...

right now THE FLY kicks Vertigos arss all over the place......

i loved elevation (tomb raider mix) and the music video, and no im not one of those guys who likes only the *newer* stuff, i like the older stuff way back to boy

Fu£kin' lovin' it man, it's so plugged in and rockin'. Edge is soundin' great, Bono is on fire and I love Adam's bass line. I look forward to the full streo version with out the DJ!

Keep it coming guys!! But gimme something I can use for my article!

I think Vertigo just gave me hot flashes ;) :combust:

Yeah it's not bad.

Wish the verse had been something a bit different/more original some more solo but meh it will all grow on me.

Seven out of Ten :)

WOW! Vertio has it all: Bono's voice sears and soars, Edge grinds it heavy'n'hard, Larry pounding and thumping a rhythmic thunder, and Adam carrying the weight of the world in his hands!! What more could we ask for?

I can't wait for the Techno version!!! LOL!!!!:laugh:

Edge just really kicks in with the guitar and just lets off with it, absolutely brilliant. Any doubt to those who were worried about Bono's voice would have to have had earplugs in to not have been rocked by that voice.. A really strong single that will shake a stadium. U2 strong as ever

I'm loving that dirty guitar Edge is doing. Bono's voice is tremendous. This is so sexy.

U2 give us something we can FEEEEEEEEL :heart: :dance:

The best songs are the ones that make you speed up while driving without even knowing it. This song has so much energy I am definitely going to be hitting the gas when I hear it. It "gives me something I can FEEL!!!!"

You can use me...I don't know if I can say anything more than OMG!!! This single is such a powerful polemic against the notion that U2 is incapable of reinvention and still retaining ownership of thier own sound. Vertigo is going to be a monster anthem that is just going to reverberate off arena/stadium boundaries when they open with this! Great stuff.

What could I add?

The single is fantastic. The song has the energy of early U2 a'la War, a few bars from Unforgettable Fire/Joshua Tree, plenty of audible cues from the Achtung Baby era, more playfullness from the great Zooropa/Pop songs of the 90's, but then Edge tosses in those massive power chords we heard on a few of the All The You Can't Leave Behind tracks.

I can't quite place it, but there feels to be a deft nod to both Oasis and The Who in there. And, I think this is the most I've heard Adam Clayton play in a song in quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom