Attention Chicago Fans: BONO IN TOWN, SEP 16!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2head

The Fly
A room in the royal hotel, sea facing views
Saw this on the paper this morning. This is sooooo exciting! :dancing: I'll definitely try to go. :yes:

BONO BIT: Rock superstar and social activist Bono and his wife, Ali Hewson, will be in town Sept. 16 for a special event Nordstrom is planning -- tied to the department store's promotion of an exclusive, limited-edition Edun T-shirt benefitting the anti-AIDS campaign in Africa -- obviously a cause near and dear to Bono.

Also on hand for the event will be Edun designer Rogan Gregory. Hewson is a partner in the firm, which was specifically created to sell socially conscious clothing.

-- From The Chicago SunTimes, August 23, 2006

Last edited:
YES! i live in chi-town!!

Take that other states in america!

Chicago-1
other non-important states-0

ZING!

but let's not tell the other chicagoins here because then there will be a bigger line..:shh:

I'm going! yay! my guess now it's on Michigan avenue...IM SO EXCITED!:hyper:

See you fellow Chicago interferces there!

tpsglick2424 said:

Chicago-1

ZING!

Chicago is a state ?

tpsglick2424 said:

Chicago-1

ZING!

Hey I saw Bono in May and most people have never heard of my city! :shrug:

Tempting, because I want to meet Ali....but not worth it for a quick wave or picture.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Hey I saw Bono in May and most people have never heard of my city! :shrug:

Tempting, because I want to meet Ali....but not worth it for a quick wave or picture.

Where do you live?

:scream: EVERY SINGLE TIME! He visits Dallas a few months before I come to Texas then a month after I get here he goes to Chicago an hour from my house... I CAN'T WIN!

He's gonna be almost 20 minutes from my house but i'm still going!!!

im going!
Im going!
:whistle: :dance:

Jeannieco said:

Hey I live in the city that created Nordstroms so there!!
;) :) just joking with you!

Chicago-1
Other non important cities-1

Well I'm still going!

ZING!

Chicago-2
Other non important cites-1

:dance:

I hope y'all saw this on the Interference homepage:

Bono and Ali Appearing in Chicago Next Month

Update: John Bailey, a PR representative with Nordstrom, has let Interference.com know that some of the information reported in the Sun-Times article is incorrect. The Chicago event is private, invitation-only and while Ali Hewson and Rogan Gregory are confirmed to attend the event, Bono is not.

At this point, no one knows if Bono will be along with Ali and Rogan Gregory.

Also, it's an exclusive invitation only event.

Doesn't seem like much of a chance to get to meet and greet anyone so far with this event.

Just thought that you should know. :wink:

Jamila said:

Also, it's an exclusive invitation only event.

Doesn't seem like much of a chance to get to meet and greet anyone so far with this event.

Just thought that you should know. :wink:

Yeah aren't they all? There's plenty of people here who work or have connections in retail and have attended events like this in the past. Not everyone is obsessed with just meeting Bono. I'm sure what Ali and Rogan have to say is relevant to many people, regardless of Bono's involvement or VIP status.

tps, I live in west Michigan and I think a 20 min drive is worth it. I've driven over 12 hours (one way) to hear Bono. Granted, that was a public event, but if you want to try, then try. You won't be kicking yourself later...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Yeah aren't they all? There's plenty of people here who work or have connections in retail and have attended events like this in the past. Not everyone is obsessed with just meeting Bono. I'm sure what Ali and Rogan have to say is relevant to many people, regardless of Bono's involvement or VIP status.

tps, I live in west Michigan and I think a 20 min drive is worth it. I've driven over 12 hours (one way) to hear Bono. Granted, that was a public event, but if you want to try, then try. You won't be kicking yourself later...

I had just remembered my parents have contacts their:shh: :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom