atomic bomb VS x&y

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cf

The Fly
let's make the battle everybody want to see:
1 2
vertigo - square one 1
miracle drug - what if 1
sometimes - white shadows 1
love&peace - fix you 1
city - talk 1
all because - x&y 2
a man - speed of sound 1
crumbs - a message 2
one step - low 2
original - the hardest 1
yahweh - swallowed in the sea 1
fast cars - twisted logic 1

then we could make

mercy - kingdome come 1

to talk as bono: x&y is better then the sum of its parts, atomic has better songs.

obviusly 1 stand for the bomb songs and 2 for the cp ones

This thread's going to be a real party of friendliness! :happy:

both albums are boring stuff :down:

if this type of music is the future of Rock N' Roll or Pop i would say thank you...goodnight!

i didn't see that, but in the atomic bomb Vs hot fuss thread someone asked to make the same thing with x&y, so i open this only to see what people think.
i didn't imagine its gonna be so difficult for some of you to choose between 2 songs.
for blueyedgirl, if you aren't intersted in this thread don't open it.
i'm sorry if have disturbed your sensibility.

What's getting boring is people immediatly writing off a thread because it references Coldplay. Sure, there's another thread in circulation about this, but it could have made some interesting reading if people had taken the time out to respond to the initial question.

beau2ifulday said:
What's getting boring is people immediatley writing off a thread because it references Coldplay. Sure, there's another threadin circulation, but this could have made some interesting reading.

I agree with the immediate writing off part, and it can be done well (like yours in the other thread, I pretty much agreed 100% with :up: ). But this particular thread was:

a)Somthing that could have taken place in one of many other threads
b)Was fairly difficult to follow and comprehend.

:shrug:

timothius said:

But this particular thread was:

a)Somthing that could have taken place in one of many other threads
b)Was fairly difficult to follow and comprehend.

:shrug:

Sure, I agree with you on those points, but i'm not convinced that everyone who initially responded was aware of the other threads.

I just feel that some people on here have an automatic negative response to any thread that mentions Coldplay, and it's not always necessary. Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no.

Hi, crazy! i don't like speed of sound, i've heard it a lot of times and i think that it is the most overrated song of the year (and of cp).
i feel like it would have been a great song but it's too plain, and i don't like the voice of cm in it.
i saw coldplay live this summer and the song is better.
then coldplay always copy U2, the screen in speed of sound video is the same of vertigo tour, the fix you video is the sometimes one and ends like the city one, cm's performance at mtv awards was i little too "bono" and then they ask anton corbjean to make the talk video (and he refused!!! because he doesn't know cp's music!!!).
i like a man and a woman even if i think there are 5/6 better songs on atomic, but i dislike speed.
just my opinion.

Mr (or Mrs) CF:

please, why did you start yet another Coldplay thread when you could, just as easily, with just as many clicks and as much typing, have started another Radiohead thread?

Ok, that is your opinion!
I am not necesarilly a Coldplay fan, I enjoy their songs and I DO agree they copy U2 a lot! But this song's got energy in it, a little spark,something magical....whatever, I'm saying big words now! There's something about this song-not what is copied from u2, something of itself, specific!
Good luck with the threads!

crazy, everybody should explain his opinion but i think this thread will not go to far because this forum is full of people that is scared to admit that cp (or other bands) make good music, in their opinion only U2 make good songs.
i'm not a big music expert in a tecnical way but i read that speed of sound has a lot of beautiful day in it (on Q, i think), even if i don't hear it at all.
but from your description of it can fit a beautiful day description.
RA-D, i don't understand your question for my bad english, but if you are interested, i prefer radiohead to cp, i like them a lot.
the bends is one of my non-U2 favorite album, and they made a lot of songs better than coldplay's in my opinion.
and they have a real original sound.
you gave me the idea, i will start one and then everybody will say that there 35 similar thread and will insult me. aahh ahh!
and i'm male.

in this forum U2 fans maybe think that other bands make good music but all of them are a shit near U2, that's the impression i have reading some post.
i don't say that it's the truth for everybody here or that there aren't U2 fans that likes other music, but every day you can find thread like "U2 song for your funeral", "U2 song when your are sad" "when you're happy", "when you are in hurry to go to the bathroom", "when you drive in the night" ecc...come on!
i just tried to make a confrontation between 2 of the most acclaimed album (i supposed that somewhere there gonna be one, but i didn't see it) of the year and nobody respond to it.
it's only a game, 3 minutes of their time, but nothing.
maybe nobody except you and me have x&y because is not an U2 album.

cf said:
in this forum U2 fans maybe think that other bands make good music but all of them are a shit near U2, that's the impression i have reading some post.
i don't say that it's the truth for everybody here or that there aren't U2 fans that likes other music, but every day you can find thread like "U2 song for your funeral", "U2 song when your are sad" "when you're happy", "when you are in hurry to go to the bathroom", "when you drive in the night" ecc...come on!
i just tried to make a confrontation between 2 of the most acclaimed album (i supposed that somewhere there gonna be one, but i didn't see it) of the year and nobody respond to it.
it's only a game, 3 minutes of their time, but nothing.
maybe nobody except you and me have x&y because is not an U2 album.

I have it, too, and I like it, and I like Coldplay.
But You know, it became difficult in latest times to talk about Coldplay, because many like them off, because many say everytime the same things and because there´s already been said about them here. Nothing against your Thread, but you see there are 3-4 new coldplay threads each day. Then, this is a U2 thread, made by fans, so you cannot awate to see for the 85% U2 threads..............;)

crazyu2 said:
You really surprised me: u2 fans think no else does good music? Come on! Not even Bono, with his big ego, believes this!There is a lot of great music out there!

I believe there's a lot of great music out there apart from U2. Coldplay just aren't making any of it.

Back
Top Bottom