at your funeral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickFly

Refugee
what U2 songs would you want them to play at your funeral? kind of a sad subject but after reading the story about greg carrol in another thread the subject has stayed on my mind.

here are mine:

Kite
One
Walk On

I'd have to go with elevation or boom cha boom cha...discoteque

I want everyone to party their butts off when I leave.

I don't know.......nobody will play my wish song anyway, because everybody around me hates U2 and wouldn't do my that favour.....but I think either Kite......or......Tomorrow, maybe --> Open up to the love of he who made the light to see you........yes, I think these would be mine.......

joyfulgirl said:
I'd have to go with elevation or boom cha boom cha...discoteque

I want everyone to party their butts off when I leave.

Cool. I'd love that too, but they have to play Walk One and Kite before OR after the funeral.

bono-vox said:
I tend not to think of those things [...]

Me too! :yes:

But here are mine:

Kite
One
Walk On
Stuck ("It`s just a moment, this time will pass" / I like the quite
optimistic ending of this song)

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
"Where the Streets Have No Name"
"Walk On" (Hallelujah version)

same here but I would want the ISHFWIL to be the R&H version not the album version. I dont really like talking or thinking about this stuff either.

bono-vox said:
I tend not to think of those things- I just want random songs to be played maybe WOWY and a live version of One..that is all

You did the same thing.
I think that we will become friends at the end of the day.:D

GypsyHeartgirl said:
What about which one will be played at THEIR funerals?
I don't know, but this is pretty morbid....... :(
But I think some of their personal songs and not those official ones.....

RickFly...thank you...I was hoping someome would start this topic here. I participated in one before and it has been worrying me. I was thinking if I die suddenly my hub may come trawling through here looking for clues .So let it be known..................
I DO NOT...DO NOT!!!! want Michael Jackson played at my funeral, I must have been in a mood when I said that last time. Heal the World INDEED!!!Father forgive me, I know not what I do...sometimes:)

Best to let the girls choose , they know what I like. You will just have to have the wake go for a week to get through all my favourites. Actually no....just have the boys play their guitars , a mum song please:)

I'd like They Fly to be played.
Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.
I'd rather have them celebrate my life than mourn my death.

If it had to be U2 (and there will be at least one), I'd say: Stuck or Kite. But I'd also like "I Will Remember You" by Sarah Mclachlan played.

Just beacuse I have a rather twisted sense of humour...

Wake Up Dead man (Really just for the title)

me too.

A Sort of Homecoming and Kite :up:

But I hope whoever's in charge of music accidentally plays "Big Girls are Best" for a few seconds, just because that would be funny.

Is it sad that I've actually made a list of songs played at my funeral (which really isn't an accurate term, I want a celebration really)?

The U2 ones are:
*A Sort of Homecoming
*Streets
*ISHFWILF
*October
*Drowning Man
*Grace

There'll hopefully be more upbeat ones during the night. This should be an opportunity for a great party in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom