At the risk of being shot down in flames.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
<-- likes ATYCLB. It's amusing that it's a BAD thing to admit that on this particular forum... *G*

My favorites include Kite, In A Little While, Grace, Walk On (single version) and BD. Good stuff!

Aardvark747 said:
And Dad's Army - u just gotta luv it!!:rockon:

Agreed! And Marmite so kicks Vegemite's arse. :rockon:

ATYCLB is a great album that is unfortunately dragged down by the disaster that is In A Little While and the silly Wild Honey.

Replace those two tracks with, say, Summer Rain and The Ground Beneath Her Feet and you have a top-notch album.

I'd like to officially declare myself Wild Honey's biggest fan.
Possibly it's only fan, asides from Aardvark.

I actually like 8 of the tracks from All That You Can't Leave Behind alot. It's got a good 'feel good' vibe going on. I always thought that if I were to go running through a field of daisies in slow motion, or chew straw while thoughtfully staring at clouds, it would be the album I would play. A good summer feel about it.

Plus, it was the first real exposure I got to U2.

I love All That You Can't Leave Behind.

I was surprised at how much people hated it when i first joined this site, but now im used to it.
every other thread (even non related to ATYCLB ones) seem to have someone saying something negative about ATYCLB......

D'oh! said:
I love All That You Can't Leave Behind.

I was surprised at how much people hated it when i first joined this site, but now im used to it.
every other thread (even non related to ATYCLB ones) seem to have someone saying something negative about ATYCLB......

I don't think anyone's knocked ATYCLB on my Heartland or Lovetown appreciation threads ... yet. :wink:

ZeroDude said:

Especially the episode with the Italian prisoners of war imo, that was well how to you put well the rock:rockon:

Captain Mannering ( sp?!?!) :rockon:

That ep was 1 of 2 that I watched!:wink: Lovely stuff!
And I think it's Mainwaring btw - spelt oddly I know - but being the little legend that he was, he gets away with it!:wink:
:rockon:

Isn't it Mainwarring?

He gets away with it because it's a British show and you Brits love to pronounce things oddly. :wink:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
See...you haven't been shot down yet.

Everyone has their own preferences in albums....some people loved this album...most people liked it...some people hated this album.

...and SOME people just tried to turn this into a Dad's Army Appreciation thread!!:drool:
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Aardvark747 said:

...and SOME people just tried to turn this into a Dad's Army Appreciation thread!!:drool:
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:rockon: :up:

I have heaps of Dad's Army tapes. I should watch them sometime.

I like ATYCLB. I don't love it, though. When the album came out and I listened to it the first time, I was bitterly disappointed. I didn't even listen to it again for days -- and usually I listen to a new U2 album over and over the very day I get it.

But time has helped. The Elevation tour has helped. Walk On and Beautiful Day are two of my favorite songs. So I listen to the album from time to time, and I even enjoy it.

But for everyday U2 listening? I'll choose Achtung Baby over ATYCLB in a hearbeat.

miss becky said:
But for everyday U2 listening? I'll choose Achtung Baby over ATYCLB in a hearbeat.

Believe it or not, so would I.

ATYCLB isn't as exciting as other U2 albums, and that is my only qualm. Also have trouble liking Grace.

Beautiful Day is the greatest song of the generation...

It's probably a 4 star album in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom