Ask Edge in Q's Cash for Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_Edge89 said:
"What's the secret about Miss You Sugar? on the back of the CD for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb"

Could someone ask that for me since I don't like giving my Adress over the internet, please.

I doesn't say anywhere on the internet.
Neither does it say anything in U2 by U2 or any recent interview and I would like to know.
Just thought it would be something else apart from the usual "What's the new sound going to be?" or "When is the album due?" or something similar.

Thank you in advance.

One theory is that it's for Bob Hewson, but who knows. I certainly don't call my dad "Sugar."

Utoo said:

One theory is that it's for Bob Hewson, but who knows. I certainly don't call my dad "Sugar."

Yeah, I saw that in the thread about the subject, but these are still theories after all.
I'm just curious that's it really.
And like I said, not particulary interested in questions about songs and such. It's all up to Paul and the band to decide what song to bring out on a tour, ("advertising pays" though...The First Time) And it's also them who decide what songs they would choose for an album. Enough of my ranting.

Thanks for your reply though, Utoo I appreciate the concern.

Edgette said:

I don't think Q could say it's really him if it isn't. They'd get in too much trouble.

Not really. These kind of "gimmick interviews" are normally carried out by the celebrity's PR. They'll probably run the questions/answers by him or his managment but his involvement ends with a nod of approval and a pic holding a copy of the readers' questions...

Last edited:
Its a pretty big section of the magazine each month...has been for years. Im sure its the real people answering the questions.

Edge has done plenty of work for them before too...Postcards from The Edge some time ago I believe.

Ive always hoped U2 would be in that part of Q! :wink:

RavenBlue said:
I wonder when this will go to print :hmm: *waits patiently*

well the latest Q - April edition which was out at the beginning of this month - says next months cash for questions is Russel Brand (if you don't know him, dont worry - its' not worth losing sleep over)

so i presume it'll be the issue after that one i.e June issue out beginning of May

I asked him a question, finally. I never know what to ask the guy in these types of things. When he did a few webchats for ATYCLB, I was lost what to ask.

Slapnutz said:

Not really. These kind of "gimmick interviews" are normally carried out by the celebrity's PR. They'll probably run the questions/answers by him or his managment but his involvement ends with a nod of approval and a pic holding a copy of the readers' questions...

Well of course. What I mean is that if there's no involvement from Edge whatsoever, they'd be in a bit of trouble.

And as bono_man has said, Edge has done a few things with Q before. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in his management filters down the questions and he answers his favorite ones.

I wasn't sure if we could ask more than one question or not so I listed a few. Here's what I asked.

- What is your favorite/least favorite song from every U2 album and why?

- If U2 decided to rerecord Pop, how would you guys change it?

- What do you think were the best individual concerts of your career?

- How do you guys determine what gets played from your past albums when you guys go on tour?

- Why has so little of Zooropa been performed live since Zoo TV? (Only Stay and The First Time)

- Which concerts do you prefer, stadium or arena? Why?

Good question. I have the February - April issues, and his questions aren't there.

Maybe was it canned or postponed for a later month? The original post was in March, saying that he would be coming up. April's mag says that next month's feature is Russell Brand. I would assume the May issue is out now, but I haven't seen it yet.

Consider me confused. :shrug:

Maybe they were overwhelmed by the number of responses they received, so it's taking them longer to put the piece together? I never got around to submitting my question, but I have no doubt thousands of others did. I bet Q wasn't expecting as big of a response as they got.

ThoraSEB said:
Good question. I have the February - April issues, and his questions aren't there.

Maybe was it canned or postponed for a later month? The original post was in March, saying that he would be coming up. April's mag says that next month's feature is Russell Brand. I would assume the May issue is out now, but I haven't seen it yet.

Consider me confused. :shrug:

I have the May issue, with Russell Brand doing the Cash for Questions bit. The June issue will have Elijah Wood answering the questions. So still no sign of Edge.

(The May issue, by the way, features U2 in Q's regular "Great Moments in Music" item. It looks at the day U2 and Greenpeace went to the Sellafield power station.)

Back
Top Bottom