Artist roll call!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am an art major... going to be a computer animator i think. Just started the programs though and i like photography.

1. ewww thats such a dirty word!

2. I carve little figures out of potatoes and then I fry them. I then cover them in catsup and eat them outside of the contemporary art museum.

*paul mccarthy (no, not the beatle) eat your heart out.

Heh well I did this in Calculus a few weeks ago.
3327538723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A87%3D727%3DXROQDF%3E2323273483273ot1lsi

I need to scan it better. Lol They tell me Larry looks like Eminem.

My friend Julie and I did this:
3327376723232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E2323279687749ot1lsi

Yes my foot is ginormous and ugly! And that's a gold scarf or something on MacPhistoe. My foot is not gouged open and bleeding!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

WildHonee your characatures are absultely adorable! They remind me of a very long comic strip a friend and I made (involving U2) a loooooong time ago. The characters weren't as cute as yours, mind you. It was more like a comic book of U2 blunders in the US that we created and we had the guts to actually send it to Propaganda. I am so embarrassed, I can't believe we did that! But the pics sure were fun and we had a great time with it.
wink.gif

*runs away blushing*

*comes back to finish what she wrote*

1.) Yes
2.) I paint and make displays part time for a record store. I also create music and play a few musical instruments. I used to write a lot as well - short stories, poems, lyrics although the lyrics I wrote are real hokey... thankfully I've passed off the lyric duties to my bandmate.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
heh thank you
biggrin.gif

P.S. I'm also a cannibal...and a thief....
wink.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

I too am an artist. Mainly I like to draw/paint people. Oddly enough I haven't done any U2 paintings recently, the only ones I have are from back when I was in school about 10 years ago, they are on my website (link below).

**runs to get the paint and brushes**

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

www.geocities.com/u2_celebrate/u2_celebration.html

1) Yes

2) Computer art, web design, game design, B/W photography, and video production. What can't I do? Draw.
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Art through music! I can't live without my instruments (flute, piccolo, violin, tin whistle, harmonica) High school taught me something!

------------------
*It's just a moment
This time will pass*

I like to sketch people, paint landscapes, and do really random combinations (i.e. a waterfall turning into a snake circling the world), and I'm going to try to begin learning guitar this winter.

Im no artist, but I passively doodle and sketch for no particular reason. But since my drawings esp of people are somewhat more realistic than other people I nkow... oh lets just say everyone save for damon and mike... I dont usually make a good drawing or anything unless I feel driven to do so. ie my shitty sketch I did for skeek for his art project... I was proud of the angel I drew LOL
smile.gif
hahaha but Im done with my rambling, since none of us care
smile.gif

Yes, I'm an artist. I've been drawing since I was about as high as my computer desk. I was scolded often for drawing ballerinas on the desks in grammar school! LOL! I took art classes in high school and two different tech schools in the early/mid 1980s. They installed the Macintosh computers at Nashville Tech just as I was leaving!!! So, now I'm teaching myself computer graphics. LOL!

I draw black-and-white portraits (in pencel or ink) from any photograph provided and sell them. I do them in black and white because I'm colorblind. My current project is learning how to put up a web site, which will advertise my art. Once it's done, I'll have the URL in my signature.

I also create with photography and writing. And I sell customized address labels that I make on the computer.

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

[This message has been edited by MysteryGirl (edited 10-28-2001).]

1. I'd like to think so
2. Writing lyrics and music(guitar)

------------------
If you take a drive, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax your heat
If you talk a walk, I'll tax your feet
I'm the taxman!

1. Yes

2. Actor (I paint with my body)
eek.gif

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

1) Mmmm hmmmm.

2) I'm a dancer (ballet, jazz, pointe, modern, tap, musical theatre, hip hop, etc). I paint though motion.

But I also play the piano. I write (a bit--I'm just starting)..

..."dance like no one is watching."
--Bono

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 10-29-2001).]

1. yes

2. i love all kinds of art: painting, ceramics, sculpture, words, music, acting(lol~ i pretend like i can, and i don't really do it officially, whatever that means), drawing, cartooning, and the list goes on...

should i post my footfolio? one is the one above in WildHonee's post. is it sad that it's not the only one i've done? lol.

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

1. yes.

2. I'm an actress, a singer, and have been described as a walking musical comedy. . .and at times a writer. Writing is a new talent I hope to work on in the next year or so.

------------------
We are such stuff that dreams are made on. Tempest, IV,i

Back
Top Bottom