article about filming of WITS and sooky melburnians.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

junkydog

The Fly
http://www.theage.com.au/news/enter...at-they-wontsee/2006/12/28/1166895421408.html

It's only rock'n'roll but Batman's folk don't like what they won't see

Daniel Ziffer
December 29, 2006
Web links

* VIDEO U2's Window In The Skies

ROCK band U2's new Melbourne-made film clip stars Elvis Presley, Kurt Cobain and Jay-Z, but John Batman's village is barely seen.

Filmed last month in Richmond laneways and the suburb's Corner Hotel, the clip for Window in the Skies is a whirl of editing that splices archival footage of Frank Sinatra, Elton John, Patti Smith, Roy Orbison, Nat King Cole, Kanye West and Marvin Gaye, among others, so it appears that they are singing the song. For location manager Ben Lowe, the fact that little of the local footage made the final edit was to be expected. "We're actually just getting a few little bits and pieces," he said yesterday. "It's the bane of my life, doing big set-ups and getting seconds (of footage)," he joked.

But the 300 extras and five models hired for the shoot should not feel put out — the band is hardly seen either. When The Age visited the shoot, a mob of punters was jogging past the camera, used for just over a second, while most local footage is of a crowd waving arms inside the hotel.

The arms, raised as though watching a band onstage, hide the four members of U2 — lead singer Bono, guitarist The Edge, bassist Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullen jnr.

Over two nights in November, the band played to 127,275 people at Telstra Dome. Before their second concert, they did a shoot for an IMAX film in a stadium function room; the clip in Richmond was filmed the next day for the new track on their latest album, U218 Singles.

yeah the article is a complete waist of time, there is no point in whining... Its not about them its about U2.

Piss off, we're not fucking sooky....

It's just an article that details how surprisingly little of the footage filmed in Richmond was used. No one is whinging....

If the video was filmed in Sydney, and they found out little of the footage was used in the video clip, they'd all be rioting about it, ala redfern and cronulla....bloody wankers.

im from melbourne too...

i agree sydneysiders would blow a valve too.. wankers indeed:wink:

intedomine said:
Piss off, we're not fucking sooky....

It's just an article that details how surprisingly little of the footage filmed in Richmond was used. No one is whinging....

If the video was filmed in Sydney, and they found out little of the footage was used in the video clip, they'd all be rioting about it, ala redfern and cronulla....bloody wankers.

take a chill pill mate...

I didnt think u were sooky but whats the point in the article?

Before their second concert, they did a shoot for an IMAX film in a stadium function room;

that's the interesting part -

I wonder what they did in this "function room". - Interview shots like in Rattle and Hum?

but it sound good - different concerts and shots, interview pieces - I really hope Bonos singing from the Balcon during the carnival will also make it in the Movie ( I remember carnival in the beautiful city ...).

:drool:

Let's not use words to insult people from Melbourne or people from Sydney...or anywhere else. Oh, and don't tell people to "piss off" either, or any other synonymous words or phrases.

Bonochick said:
Let's not use words to insult people from Melbourne or people from Sydney...or anywhere else. Oh, and don't tell people to "piss off" either, or any other synonymous words or phrases.

Agreed, lets not throw dangerous phrases around.

I too would not like to be labeled a Sydneysider.

Back
Top Bottom