arrrrrgh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mickey

The Fly
it really irks me when I come across people who are impassionate about U2. Christ!!! I was privy to some of the following when the Chicago DVD was running:

"ooh, boh no's getting old, his hairline is receding"
"it's too loud, turn down the volume some mick"
"was this the concert you were supposed to go to in Lisbon?"
"Jeopardy will be on in 20 minutes, will this be done by then?"
"this is the guy that is always in the newspapers!"
"I thought they were Irish, are they south african?" < Good God!!!

vexed to the max.

pearl jam would cost me all my rights to the big tele downstairs. bowie's glass spider would certainly see me evicted while Guns/Roses I can't even stand, so I shudder to think of their reaction.

the only one which they'd possibly find interesting might be Tom Jones, but I'd rather nobody remembered where it is.

there's an Elvis DVD around here somewhere - possibly lurking underneath the Tom Jones.

nope, my parents are impassionate about music in general. UGH! That's the worst part, U2 is lumped with everything else.

thank god I do have a brother who though not a diehard, does really, really like them.

Last edited:
Oh, I do too (watch things mostly in my room), but we've got a God Machine (as in it's got the sound/visual to drown out the world) downstairs.

The Samson locks of U2's concerts are sheared when I'm using the screen in my room.

Oh no! Now look what you've gone and done! Isn't it Tom Jones that belts out "delilah"?

Last edited:
my friends rip U2 apart in front of me all the time, just trying to get a rise out of me. i just fake like i'm crying so they stop.

My friend runs around shouting "GUNG HO BONE OH!" every time she sees me :sad: :lol: :mad:

:lmao:

Everytime I watch a U2 DVD all I get is "Oh No, Not again!...Don't you ever get tired of them" .... of course the answer is NO! :mad:

:wink:

Sicy said:
My friend runs around shouting "GUNG HO BONE OH!" every time she sees me :sad: :lol: :mad:

LOL!

i do enjoy getting people back though. for example, we're out at the bars, there's some really pumping music, really getting the crowd going, and i interrupt it by playing "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses". that gets them every time!

annie_vox said:
Yesterday I was looking for some pictures of young U2 for a power point work and a friend that was with me asked "Were they even young?"...

I just sent him a cold look

The great thing about getting older is it happens to everyone.

prisz25 said:

Everytime I watch a U2 DVD all I get is "Oh No, Not again!...Don't you ever get tired of them" .... of course the answer is NO! :mad:

That's the typical response I get. Of course, I was watching Slane every night at the time. Then I got Rattle and Hum, so I could alternate nights.:D

Sounds like most of us have the same parents... I actually have Slane and Elevation/Boston, and have on good authority that I'm gettin Vertigo/Chicago for christmas, but my mum actually asked me the other day if i thought I needed some professional help when I watched Slane the third time last week... And they are so indifferent! I can go on for ages, like "Did you hear Larry's drums" or "Did you hear what Bono was singing, isn't that great?" and they're like, "huh? Who's singing?"...

prisz25 said:

I get this one all the time as well. Or, from my dad, the oh-so original "Bone-oh". Or from the rest of my family, "Don't you spend enough money on U2 yet?" The answer, of course, NO!

Money is another big deal when I comes to my parents... When I was collecting the cd's everytime I got a new one I showed it to my mother and all I got was "another one? don't you have enough?"

annie_vox said:
Money is another big deal when I comes to my parents... When I was collecting the cd's everytime I got a new one I showed it to my mother and all I got was "another one? don't you have enough?"

:yes: It's the same when I get anything U2 related..."You're obsessed and U2 is becoming too much of a burden on your money." :shrug: Oh well, I'll keep buying as long as they keep putting stuff out.

Sicy said:

:laugh: :laugh:

A friend of mine often asks me "Do you care looking like Bono?" just to annoy me. Yeah, because my hair looks a bit like Bono's hair... and I like to use sunglasses à la The Fly.

But it's just for fun, he's an U2 fan too but not diehard like me.

I come from a time when you got worried if your parents liked the music you listened to. :huh:

My dad is the same with U2 as he is with all the other music I listen to: "What the hell is this crap?!" :p heh.

So glad my mom loves U2 almost as much as I do....well not almost as much, but she loves 'em.

However I get the U2 crap from my friends at school. Especially cause I had the Time Magazine with me today.

indra said:
I come from a time when you got worried if your parents liked the music you listened to. :huh:
My grand dad turned off the TV when the Beatles were on the Ed Sullivan show :lol:

My dad pursued a career in classical music :laugh:

My mother likes U2. But she tends to ignore everyone but Bono. I was watching the Making of the Joshua Tree DVD, and she thought it was okay to talk over Adam, I guess because he's not Bono.

Me: MOM! SHHH! Adam is talking!!!

prisz25 said:

I too, hear this comment all the time. I've been a U2 fan for 18 years now, so you'd think they'd know the answer by now!?!:crazy:

annie_vox said:

:lol:

My mom was the same way when I started buying all the cds. Then the dvds, videos, and books started arriving........I think she's given up now.:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom