Are You Gonna Wait Forever lyrics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Are You Gonna Wait Forever lyrics.

Michael Griffiths said:
Don't trade your dreams for some small change

Are you gonna wait forever?

Or is it now?

These lines resonate so strongly with me right now.

The exact same right here.

I think this song is about them delaying the album!!! Just read the lyrics. And of course the song title.

Ohhhh they're mocking us!

I hope its a great song, the lyrics are very strong. I'm wondering if its going to be another u2 b-side where we're all like "uhh...why the hell didnt they put this on the album?"

Well we know this much:

it's 3:49 long
it's an Eno/Lanois production

From this and the lyrics I'm guessing it's a slow-mid tempo ATYCLB outtake. Might be in the mould of "Summer Rain" musically.

IrishDawg said:
If that B-Side is as good as "Always" from the Beutiful Day single, It'll hold me off 'til the 23rd :drool: :wink:

I liked Always, but it's basically Beautiful Day! Sounds totally the same in the chorus, musically. I love the last verse however.

That and Summer Rain were great...piss all over Big Girls Are Best!:wink:

It has to be a great song:

from u2.com:

'Vertigo' - DVD single

1. Vertigo - HQ video
2. Vertigo - audio with photo gallery
3. Are You Gonna Wait Forever? ­ audio only
4. Vertigo - Jacknife Lee 10” - Lisbon video

We'll have an audio only version of the song... it has to have some great work from Edge, Adam and Larry...:wink:

shart1780 said:
I got it off U2Wanderer.com!

I was randomly browsing stuff and I came across these under the single lyrics for Vertigo. I was pretty suprised when I saw em.

That's U2Wanderer.Org isn't it? That's where I found them...

Yeah it was up at u2wanderer.org first... the song was given with the understanding it wouldn't be shared, so you'll have to be content with the lyrics for now! The one line that was off has been changed (must have been working on two sentences at once there or something). Another line has been changed since due to us hearing it more accurately (hopefully).

It was linked to but not announced to be a kind of easter egg for those that may stumble upon it, due to u2tour.de being contacted to remove album lyrics.

u2wanderer.org/disco/lyrics.php?id=621

PS - It is a mid-fast tune, somewhat like a rockier Always. Judging by the producers and sound it is a left over ATYCLb take, but the naivete etc of the lyrics is more refreshing than found in general on the album (more like Summer Rain).

Last edited:
No real solo, it is catchy but kind of simple... similar to the ATYCLB b-sides, perhaps a bit catchier than always but not as complex.

I gave my word not to spread it and will stand by it.

to cool you down: it's just another u2 b-side. Obviously a spin-off from ATYCLB.
Just 3 stars out of 10. :|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom