are you gonna wait for ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess lots of people disagree..

It's a funny number but not more than a B-side, it would be crap if it was on the album.

I can't say that it is U2's best work, but I can say that it is one of their best B-sides. If this can't make the album, then I really have some high expectations for the songs that are on there.

Lil'Bono said:
I've just heard it on dave fannings show on 2fm!!
It is fantastic, bono's voice is amazing!!
It should have been included on the album as it is fa better than vertigo!!

No way, while it is all just opinion, I found it weaker than most of the 90's b-sides (not counting some of the dreadful covers).

Vertigo kicks its ass becuase AYGWF is kinda boring and that echo effect really annoys me.

AYGWF is a very weak track. The melody is boring and goes nowhere. It only starts to get interesting in the bridge but then goes nowhere. The guitar is LOUD and that is what makes this song worthwhile. Although this sounds similar to 90's B-sides, the quality of this song just does not compare.

Hoodlem said:
AYGWF is a very weak track. The melody is boring and goes nowhere. It only starts to get interesting in the bridge but then goes nowhere. The guitar is LOUD and that is what makes this song worthwhile. Although this sounds similar to 90's B-sides, the quality of this song just does not compare.

:up:

Feels unfinished. There seems to be a chance it could have been great particularly how Bono treats the first lyrics. The swaying could have been taken further as a treatment in the song. Good song overall but pisses me off that we still have not had any decent snippets from the band at u2.com.:mad:

I'm undecided as to whether I prefer AYGWF or Vertigo.

Are You Gonna Wait Forever
- better lyrics
- better guitar

Vertigo
- better vocals
- better bass

So ... I really don't know. They're both amazing tracks.

Back
Top Bottom