Are you going to buy the new single without hearing it first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you plan to buy the new single before you hear it?

• Yes! If it's U2 I know I'll love it! I'll buy it just because it's theirs!

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Yes! Even if I don't like it I'm still an avid collector

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, I'd rather wait and hear if I like it first

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Even if I hear it and don't like it I will buy it anyway- it's U2!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkyBlueDreamer

The Fly
Hi, I noticed the pre-order thing and I was wondering, how many of you would order something you haven't heard yet? Would you buy it on faith that you would love anything the band does? Would you rather pass judgement- and pay- after you hear it? Just curious, please vote!

I wouldn't order something I hadn't heard yet from anybody else, I don't think...but since it's U2...you bet'cha!

there's only three things i've pre-ordered off the net. one was a remastered cd, so, obviously i'd heard it before. the other was a dvd for my dad of a tv special, so he'd seen that before. the other was a box set of singles, so again, i'd heard it before.

i couldn't imagine pre-ordering something i'd never heard, even if it was from a band who i really liked. besides, i'd rather wait and buy it when it comes out when i have more money.

do u really think we're not going to hear it first though?
we will maybe get snippets, somehow it will be leaked and it will be played on the radio before it goes on sale.

if none of these things happened, yes i would still buy it. of course i would. i live for new u2 music, so i will be there waiting outside the store for the doors to open upon day of release.
this doens't mean i will love it straight off just because its u2.
buy it however, HELL YES! :adam:

I'm not pre-ordering it, though I plan on buying it once it comes out. I don't know...I guess I just feel funny about placing an order for something that isn't for sale yet...I don't know...oh, maybe I'll order it...dammit, I'm so confused now...thanks a lot! :D

Pa pap pap pa

why each time , when i 'm going to tear apart my relationship with U2 , something happens , like today , i said to me no more U2 , bam ! new single , new videos , pics , releases , and i'm fan again , Go Blondes , ofcourse i'm gonna buy these singles . maybe it will sound like miami , remember the description is excatly the same , slow start and hard end :lol: :tongue: :rolleyes: :)

I'm definitely going to buy the single the day it comes out here even when I wouldn't have heard the song before.... :yes:

I have the utmost faith in U2

I will buy the single and the double and whatever format they like to market.
I got a new album yesterday, my friend's bands first allbum.YAY!!! Hub went to put it on my crappy car stereo on the drive home. I was like ,no way jose.
I don't get to go to that many concerts and stuff, but I can make an occassion of first listenings. It is a special moment for me, when I first hear the sound of something created by someone I care about. I owned ATYCLB CD for a week before the right quiet moment could be found so I could listen, REALLY listen to it.

This song in particular.."Electrical Storm" is really going to get the Queen Cass royal treatment. Such serendipity.
Different strokes for different folks, but that is how I experience new U2 music.

Back
Top Bottom