Are you an 'again' song player?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
When I really like a song, like Vertigo, I can't stop when it goes off. I have to replay it over, sometimes 4 or 5 times. I can't do this with others in the car because some people get annoyed, but I do this with a lot of songs. Are you a song repeater or one who is bugged by it?

i found myself listening to crumbs from your table over and over. there's something about the groove and guitars that had me hooked

When I first heard Discotheque I think I listened to it about 500 times before I realized there were actually OTHER SONGS on the CD :D

for me it depends. If I'm putting on an album, I'll generally play it straight through, or skip to my favourites (but HTDAAB is so good I don't skip any). However if I'm itching for a paticular song I could listen to it for hours on end...it all depends on the mood. I'm fine with listening to songs over and over.

woowoo2 said:
i found myself listening to crumbs from your table over and over. there's something about the groove and guitars that had me hooked

Yep Crumbs over & over but only after I had listen to the entire CD 35 times over a 3 day period.

Now it's just Crumbs.

A Step Further

I actually go a step further...I like to repeat certain parts of certain songs over and over. Then, after I've squeezed it as much as I can, I then restart the whole song over for good measure.

The review button on my car's CD player is worn. My last girlfriend used to comment that she did not know such a button existed until she met me.

Hey, I love certain parts THAT much. :wink:

yes, i do this all the time when i'm falling in love with a new song (or part of a song as it may be)--but never in public. i have enough musical taste quarrels with those i love without subjecting them to countless replays of the same song. it's a secret addiction.

:up:

after reading this trhead I took a peek at my itunes play count

It's not pretty

Miracle Drug has a 27 next to it:reject:

My iTunes: Vertigo has 18, Miracle Drug has 17, All Because Of You has 7, then the rest are 2-5.

So no, not really. I don't like killing a song. But if it's good enough, I will.

British Sea Power - Something Wicked heads my iTunes top 25, anyhow.

Oh my gosh, I do this all the time. I have just listened to COBL 3 x's straight. Last week I had to listen to The End of the World about 50 times. It was just there when I needed it most.

Usually, yes. I need to turn down my song repeat habits just a notch though. I had Vertigo on repeat for nearly four days straight the weekend it leaked. That was such a bad idea because I experienced major song burn out. Sometimes I can't bare to listen to the song anymore. :shrug:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
When I really like a song, like Vertigo, I can't stop when it goes off. I have to replay it over, sometimes 4 or 5 times. I can't do this with others in the car because some people get annoyed, but I do this with a lot of songs. Are you a song repeater or one who is bugged by it?

im just like that!

I've been playing Mercy for the best part of the last hour ... and then before I watched the 10 October 2001 DVD, I'd played it for a few hours straight.

After listening to the album a bunch of times, I had to force myself to stop for this very reason, esp with crumbs. I want to try to make the newness of the music and my excitement over it last for as long as possible...... ya know what I mean?

while in labour with my daughter i had beautiful day playing repeatedly on the hospital cd player. i think the staff got really sick of it. i was in labour for 29 hours. they told the doctors that they better give me a c section if not they were going to kick me out. ;)

I get the feeling that most of us hardhardhardcore U2 fans don't have much of a problem playing songs repeatedly for great periods of time. I think, though, that most really serious fans of other artists are pretty much the same way; I think that, at the same time, more casual music (or radio, I should perhaps say) fans are just the same way.

I wonder, though, how many people are like those of us on this particular thread....?

I've gone through some very, very unspeakably bad times, over the last eleven months or so, and I've relied on U2 even more than I did in the past, which I previously would have thought impossible...Springsteen, too. ...Actually, about a million other artists, as well...!

That said, this summer I listened to "Bad" for SEVEN HOURS STRAIGHT one day in July when I really needed some help. It was...yeah...

I still love it.

I'm most definately a repeaterI'm most definately a repeater
:help: I'm Stuck

Back
Top Bottom